• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Attention E38-200 Owners - Sailing Magazine Calling...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I've just been contacted by Sailing Magazine. They're working on an article which will appear as the magazine’s monthly Used Boat Notebook column (HERE), which always features a line drawing and a photo of the specific boat. The Ericson 38-200 will be featured in the next issue (May 2022), for which the deadline is fast approaching.

So, they are seeking a couple of images of the E38-200 under sail, high resolution (approx 700kb-1mb+). They also would like to discuss the boat’s merits with owners, former owners, brokers and/or surveyors for the content section of the article.

Please contact me directly if you own/have owned, have relevant experience with this model Ericson or an excellent image you would like to have considered for use.

Thanks!
//sse

Last edited:

driftless

Member III
Blogs Author
PM'd you.
I've only got sailfies - probably not what they're looking for, but they are of the boat under sails. :egrin:

IMG_20210830_190252617_HDR.jpg IMG_20210902_072117967_HDR.jpg IMG_20210902_133635782_HDR.jpg IMG_20210909_065046828_HDR.jpg

Joliba

1988 E38-200 Contributing Member
I've just been contacted by Sailing Magazine. They're working on an article which will appear as the magazine’s monthly Used Boat Notebook column (HERE), which always features a line drawing and a photo of the specific boat. The Ericson 38-200 will be featured in the next issue (May 2022), for which the deadline is fast approaching.

So, they are seeking a couple of images of the E38-200 under sail, high resolution (approx 700kb-1mb+). They also would like to discuss the boat’s merits with owners, former owners, brokers and/or surveyors for the content section of the article.

Please contact me directly if you own/have owned, have relevant experience with this model Ericson or an excellent image you would like to have considered for use.

Thanks!
//sse
I’d be happy to send photos and discuss the boat.
Mike Jacker

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Best one I could find from first shakedown sail after purchase. Low res upload but LMK if and where you want a higher res copy.

Attachments

• A0361C81-5571-4DC2-BBF0-F5E69F6F228E.jpeg
    A0361C81-5571-4DC2-BBF0-F5E69F6F228E.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 14

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Being a semi-retired freelance photographer (we actually never retire) who’s worked for magazines I can show you what kind of images they’re probably looking to use. They want to see overall shots that show the rigging and shape of the entire hull. A shot under way, from a chase boat, would be ideal which is a rarity for us E boat owners. I only have one and it’s of the rear. A bow shot would be best. Here are examples using my E32-3 which is the “wrong boat”.

6C5BEFE8-1E2A-47E8-B6C0-D6346B265D8F.jpeg9E7B9B65-F41E-41A4-A254-5525CE88175E.jpeg

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thanks everyone - I'll start looking at this traffic and will respond later on today...

O_Scott

I heard about this article from my boat broker and thought of the forum. I have not found any sailing photos from a chase boat, just at anchor or dock etc. Knot Again is my second E38-200, and after 10 yrs I am sorry to say its On the Mkt out of Boston. I would be happy to discuss the merits of the model if useful. ...
and A Note of Thanks to You, for your efforts in making this forum a destination for any knowledgeable Ericson. For over 25 years I have found this a great and useful read. Many thanks. :egrin:

Shawn Rodel

38-200 West coast FL.
I have some photos and would share any info. if needed.
Shawn Rodel

Attachments

• 2019 Ragatta.jpg
    2019 Ragatta.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.26.22 hudson regatta.JPG
    2.26.22 hudson regatta.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_2659.jpg
    DSC_2659.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2019 Ragatta.jpg
    2019 Ragatta.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020 Oct. Regatta.jpg
    2020 Oct. Regatta.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Fall 19' Regatta 2.jpg
    Fall 19' Regatta 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 03.19.22 spring fling regatta.jpg
    03.19.22 spring fling regatta.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 46

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
All -

I have started a conversation with three of the E38-200 owners (driftless, Shawn Rodel and Mike from Joliba) and the folks from Sailing Magazine who have joined the site.

If there are any others who have not been included in this conversation but who own an E38-200 and would like to add their comments/images under sail, please let me know.

Thanks for all the responses to this request - it's very much appreciated.

Thanks!
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thanks everyone for your responses and input.

Sailing Mag has finished their work and collaborated with two of our owners above to get what they were after. Once the article is finished, a copy of it will be posted to the archives.

Thanks for everyone's interest!

//sse

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author

Sailing Mag has finished their work and collaborated with two of our owners above to get what they were after. Once the article is finished, a copy of it will be posted to the archives.

//sse
Very cool, look forward to checking out the article!

hlurie

//sse
Hey Sean - sorry to be so late to this 38-200 dance. We sail Sel De Mer out of Padanaram, off Buzzard's Bay and love seeing all of these pics. I looked through the Sailing Mag archive, but couldn't locate the article. Any chance you have a url you could forward? Thanks very much

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Hi, we searched May, June, July nothing we thought they just did not run it....Shawn
I've forgotten all about this! Ok, let me run it down and find out where it is, etc. I'll report back...

..sse

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
...I just checked the last traffic, and the last I heard of it, he was set, etc. I've emailed him to find out what the outcome was or if there was any issue, etc. I'll advise back when I hear from him...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Here it is! Thanks to driftless for this addition to the archives.

I also have Sailing Magazines review of the 23, 34 and 39, which I'll try and upload later today.

Thanks,
//sse

Attachments

• Sailing Magazine July-Aug 2022 Used Boat Notebook E38-200.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited: