Attention Parker Cassidy of Galileo!!!

chrism

Inactive Member
Parker... If you're out there, I'd love to hear how you've done with Galileo! She's a beautiful boat with her teak decks. Prior to our decision to restore Warbonnet, we were thinking about purchasing Galileo.

Actually, Galileo is the only other Ericson I've ever been onboard :esad:

Let us know how you and your boat are! I think a word about what you had to do may interest everyone, not just me.

Chris

PkandLisa

What a surprise

So I'm going through the maintenance and mechanical section here and see my name - I was a little surprised. This is Parker (PkandLisa is our username) - Lisa is my wife.

Galileo has treated us pretty well so far. I've done a ton of work on it, but after sitting on the hard for nearly two years before I bought it, there's still plenty of work to be done. I feel I'm gaining ground, but I've had one person at the Boat US store tell me I was personally putting his son through college with my purchases there and the manager even offered me a job, with the selling point "imagine how much money you'd save with the discount!".

While both of those are real comments, the work on it last year wasn't real intense. I love the boat, and I love working on it just about as much as I like sailing it. Recaulking the teak decks is one of my spring projects this year. I took the anchor locker home last summer and went to town sanding, decaulking and recaulking it...and I got a taste of how good she could look if I took the time to give the entire deck that treatment. So the crew and I will be spending some weekend on that this season.

I've been racing in the non-spin fleet here, I'm a fairly new sailor, so we haven't lived up to Galileo's potential (oh, by the way, I didn't change the name). I have a beautiful picture of her when we first launched that I've been meaning to sail to Sean to put on this website.

There's another Ericson in our marina (I sail out of Deltaville, VA). An E38 in really good shape.

I would love to hear more about your experiences on Galileo - I never actually met the previous owner, only the broker.

Parker

chrism

Inactive Member
We just checked her out on the hard. She was a beautiful boat. We ended up keeping our older 35, and redoing almost everything.

So my experience with her was just the quick walktrough. A beautiful boat. I think I still have the listing somewhere that the broker emailed me. It was with Constitution, if I remember correctly. If you'd like a copy of that for one reason or another, I could send one over to you, but I imagine you have a copy!

Thanks for your response and keep us all updated!

Chris