• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Back Creek, Annapolis

Navman

Member III
WONDERFUL DAY OF SAILING. Came down from Worten Creek and dropped hook in Back Creek. Busy place today. I thought I Might see some Ericsson’s but not the case today Must not be looking in yer right spots. If anyone one to, they can stop on by for a sundowner. I am between C dock and Jabins.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
WONDERFUL DAY OF SAILING. Came down from Worten Creek and dropped hook in Back Creek. Busy place today. I thought I Might see some Ericsson’s but not the case today Must not be looking in yer right spots. If anyone one to, they can stop on by for a sundowner. I am between C dock and Jabins.

We keep our E32-3 on Back Creek in Port Annapolis Marina and sorry we were not there to see you but we had a family commitment that day. We will be sailing on the bay starting this Sunday to Knapps Narrows, Oxford and God's knows where after that, maybe Harrington Harbor South. We usually keep the back end of a week long sailing vacation open because of weather and the mood swings of the "admiral". But if anyone sees "Vesper" (Name is prominent on beachside of the hull) with a rather large Ericson helmet logo on the stern, then gives us a hail on 16 and we'll take it to another channel.

Navman

Member III
Back creek

Bolo,
Sorry to have missed you last weekend. I had a pretty lumpy solo sail back to Worton Creek Sunday. 25 knots on the nose. I left in the dark and once past the bridge I put on my harness and lanyard and put in a double reef and raised sail. I seem to always just go for the double reef as it is easy to shake out. I can always pull out more jib if the wind gets lighter which was not the case. Gusts on the upper bay of 30& 30+ knots. The decks and rail got a good washing and the slim on the bottom is gone, clean as a whistle ( how did that saying ever come about?).Thank goodness for my auto pilot. We are not going down to the boat this weekend but the weekend after we will be there. The drive down is just crazy on a holiday weekend. I will let you know when we will be sailing not the show and we can get together. I am still trying to decide on sail cloth, weight, etc. I will be doing much more coastal and hopefully an Atlantic crossing when I retire in 5 years so that is also going to factor into my decision. Maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle in 2 weeks. Dobbins Island maybe on the Patapsco? In the meantime have a great trip!