• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Best place for new E-23 Mk 2 sails

ben

Dizy, 23 II cb
I'm fairly new to boat ownership and thinking of replacing my old sails with new. A few online sailmakers have E-23 MK2 designs available, others will make sails based on measurements (presumably they are doing the same things only one has imported measurements from sailboatdata.com or similar).

Do people have recommendations for where to go or things to do e.g. always take measurements? from old sail? from spars and rigging directly?

My goal is to go faster and I will probably get hi-tech racing sails. I have an older headsail furling system if that matters (other than making sure I don't accidentally buy hank-on sails).

Thanks,
Ben

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'd start with bids from local reps of the big sailmakers.

Their products are described on line, and they'll probably respond with email quotes using generic measurement for your boat.

Describe to them your intended use and budget. They'll provide options and their advice is worth listening to.

If the price is too high, the direct-sale Asian companies are much less dough.

It's good to have a local sailmaker measure your boat. They guarantee the work and the fit, and that's part of the premium.