Bomar Ports

Captron

Member III
My 1983 Ericson 38 has Bomar opening ports. Does anyone know of a source for parts?

I'm mainly looking for gasket and screen replacements.

Thanks
Ron

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
If you search for Bomar and Pompanette on this site you will find the information you seek. As I found, the gaskets and lenses are not replaceable. You have to replace the ports (which I did this yeat @ $200 each).

Last edited:

dwigle

Member III
Try Bomar part number P100-51. The PO of our 1980 E38 used it to reseal the ports. As far as screens, are the frames still there? If they are, regular window screen material will work, using regular screen rubber tubing to hold it in place. Without frames will probably be much harder as I doubt the frames are available and Bomar ports which look very close still vary in size.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E38 #8

hathanger

Member II
gasket material

I have a 35-3 with bomar portlights and I purchashed three feet of 904-09 gasket material from Pompanette the cost was about $2.75 per foot so I ordered it and wa la !!!!!!! It worked great no more drips. Chip

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
I wonder if your portlights are a different model than mine. My gaskets are pressed into the extrusion, not simply glued on.