• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

CF Chip for LI Sound/Peconic Bay needed

julibell

Member II
I need a CF Chip for my older Raymarine C80 plotter for the Peconic Bay region.
Anyone upgrade or have one sell ???
Thanks !

julibell

Member II
And now the C-80 display itself has died...looking for one of those too. Anyone upgrade their electronics ?????

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Any modern chartplotter/fish finder is a boon, and the charts will be up to date.

It is worth some care in choosing one with a suitable transducer--many are designed for fishermen and provide a big clumsy transom mount that doesn't work for us. But if necessary you can usually find an Airmar transducer that's compatible at extra cost of $100 or so. Your currrent transducer probably is not compatitible, but the new ones install without needing a hole in the hull.

A $700 Garmin chartplotter has been my primary nav instrument for five years, and the functions are intuitive. The sonar shows fish, too, if you don't mind them thumbing their nose up at you.

I like a binnacle mount because there are lots of buttons to push and a helmsman is well braced when doing that. The units are weatherproof and most have a snap-on cover.

If I had old instrument holes in the cabin house, I'd cover them with varnished plates of mahogany. Call it decorative traditional trim.

But it's not too hard to glass over the holes and then paint the new surface with Interlux Brightside. Much easier than gelcoat.