Color match for cove and boot stripe.

DEUII

Hello, I have an E25+ and would like to repaint the cove and boot stripe.Original color is orange with sand colored hull. Does anyone know color name and manufacture?
Thanks, Don

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dunno, but a paint chip chart from a manufacturer will give you a close color, or any color you like, since you're doing both stripes. Question is, one-part or two-part paint?

By the way, if the stripes are in the gel coat, have you tried bringing them back? Miracles are pretty common in that department.

Don Smith

Member II
I agree with Christian.

A few years ago I was getting estimates to have my stripes repainted when someone suggested I try an automotive polish. It worked great and I still use it once a year. The product is Macguires automotive polish or something like that. Buy pure polish, not rubbing compound and not a polish that contains rubbing compound. What you're trying to accomplish is to remove the oxidized paint from the surface.

Captain Don
Gitana, E26

Last edited:

DEUII

My cove is fine a little polishing and she'll come back,however the hull had a good case of blisters which continued into the port side boot stripe,two about the size of soft balls.