Coronado 27 info needed

sharkbait

The deal on my E27 fell through.

Does anyone know the reputation of the early 70's coronado 27?
I.E build quality,blisters,hardware,ect.

Emerald

I had a 1966 Columbia C-24 prior to my E-27, which was prior to Emerald. In general, the Columbia was a decent little boat, but in no way on par with the E-27. Don't know the C26/Coronado 27 1st hand, but I'd be inclined to keep looking for another E-27 - there are a lot out there.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Ebay E-27

There is a 27 on Ebay at $10. Boat angel auction. The boat is in Long Beach. Needs lovin and lots of it.

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Yeah, the Coronado badge was bought by Whitaker Group (maker of Columbia Yachts) circa '69, and they made the Coronado 27 from '70-'73. The 27 is nearly the same boat as the C-26-2, as posted in that link above.

The Columbia's are sturdy little yachts, but they're classic plastic, with way more emphasis on "Plastic" than something like an Ericson. The interior is all fiberglass, with few attempts made to hide that. The layouts of these small boats is pretty livable, compared to the typical "alley" layout for that size/era, and I think that's the plus of the columbia, although it feels a little "motorboaty" to me. Besides that, all advantages go to the Ericson. I also think the columbias tend to attract less competent owners, on average, than an Ericson, so on average, they might be less well maintained. (Some of the questions and answers you see on the C26-2 listserve are remarkably mis-led.)

sharkbait

Seller caved

Congratulate me on buying my new to me E-27.The guy who refused my first offer called me back yesterday and told me that he'd thought about it and would accept my offer.So I arranged for a haul this morning , found a few blisters ,and renegotiated down to $3500.Everything worked out fine.