• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Could I check out your E25+? (LA/Long Beach area)

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Greetings! I'm interested in purchasing an E25+ (see my wanted ad a few posts below) but I've never actually had an occasion to poke around inside of one. I'm basing my interest on research and discussions with others familiar with the boat. However, I'd really like to look at one up close and personal.

If you have an E25+ in the LA/Long Beach area and would be willing to let me take a look at it I'd really appreciate it. I'm not asking to be taken out sailing on it (though that would be fantastic) but just to be able to inspect one up close. Of course, if you did want to go out for a sail you wouldn't have to twist my arm! :rolleyes:

You could reply through private message or by responding to this post.

Thanks much,
Alan

By the way: I just recently sold a 1987 Catalina 30 that I had at Holiday Harbor in San Pedro. It was a very nice boat in beautiful shape (I had a buyer in 2 days!) but was more boat than I felt I needed. So this is part of simplifying and "downsizing," as it were. I think the E25+ should make a great boat for trips to Catalina and the other channel islands. Since I single hand almost all of the time, I believe it would do everything I want. The Cal 2-25 is also on my short list, as that boat, like the E25+, provides standing headroom in a 25 footer without looking clunky. I have looked at the Cal 2-25 up close and like it in many respects, but the berths for sleeping are quite narrow and/or short. Anyway, determining this sort of thing is what seeing the boat in person allows me to do and would be very helpful. Thanks for considering this.

Don Smith

Member II
E26 in King Harbor, Redondo Beach

Alan, the era 1980's E26 is similiar to the E25+. I think the main difference is that the E26 has a fancier interior and a diesel inboard. Anyway, I'd be happy to show you mine sometime. Send me an email.

Captain Don
E26 Gitana

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
E26 in King Harbor

Hello, Don. Nice to meet you and thanks for your kind offer.

Yes, I'm familiar with the fact that the E26 of that vintage is quite similar to the E25+ and I haven't absolutely ruled that boat out as a possibility. I'm guessing that the sailing characteristics would be pretty similar. However, I am wanting to get away from an inboard engine this time around. That said, if I found an E26 in really good shape I suppose I could use it until the inboard croaked (or even so much as looked at me cross eyed! :mad:) and then just repower with an outboard off the transom, since the E26 is only a few hundred lbs. heavier than the E25+, which came with a transom mounted outboard as a factory option.

One reason the E26 could work for me is that I could go up to 26'11" LOA (including pulpit or other overhangs) without getting bumped up to paying for a 30' slip. If I stay under 27'0" then I only have to pay for a 26' slip, which at the rates I'm looking at is about $78/month, and this does add up over time.

Anyway, I think I would like to take a look at your boat if you don't mind and at your convenience. I'll message you about that separately.

By the way: I assume your boat has a one lung Yanmar raw water cooled engine, no? How has that worked out for you? Does it has enough HP to push you well enough? Also, is your boat tiller steered? That is definitely what I want this time.

Regards,
Alan

Last edited:

SurabyaKid

Member III
If I recall correctly form the PS review of the 25+ and 26-300 series, they share the same hull and the 26 corrected the minor deficiencies noted in the 25+. Pat

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
If I stay under 27'0" then I only have to pay for a 26' slip, which at the rates I'm looking at is about $78/month...

If you can pay $78 a month for a slip for a 26' boat I would like to know where, and how much they want for a 30' boat. I just can't imagine $78 a month for a slip anywhere in SoCal.

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
If you can pay $78 a month for a slip for a 26' boat I would like to know where, and how much they want for a 30' boat. I just can't imagine $78 a month for a slip anywhere in SoCal.

That is likely the difference between the two slip sizes.