Craigslist E25 how bad did i do?

Fjord

Assuming you mean you just bought her on CL, she looks good from here. Congratulations!!
Thanks. I traded for a tandem klepper kayak a sponsor gave me years ago. Classic Craigslist transaction but I have a title and given the cost for the boat. I think I did ok most likely not, I’m sure it’s a money pit, but I sailed and motored three days the entirety of the Key Peninsula, WA, so it floats, and moorage in my front yard on a buoy is cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 5

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Even trade for a folding kayak? With a motor? Pretty good deal. There's no end to the time and money you can spend, but you're a leg up already with your own mooring. Get some MacLube and #10x1" wood screws* and you're good to go. If you're looking for advice, I'd say to sail her for a while without doing any big projects or expenditures. I found that as the first year progressed our anticipated priorities changed and I'd spun my wheels on things that weren't as important as I'd initially thought.

Welcome!
Jeff

*Everything I take apart inside seems to be held together with those.

Fjord

I think it’s a 78 E25 fixed keel not the E25+, but my knowledge is near 0, there’s promotional material and maintenance logs. It was refit in 04’, for 15k, used and cared for then sat on the dock for the past 6 years, cleaned with heat, but not used and the rigging stopped being repaired more than half a decade ago, a few dollar store key chain aluminum carabiners being used where they shouldn’t be
The picture looks like a late-70's/80's Ericson 25+. Great design, and worthy of your time and attention. Good find!
Self tailing primaries, too.

Fjord

So basically a free boat. Nice!
His wife wanted a klepper kayak because the canvas can be removed on the deck making it a kind of canoe/kayak for a launch on another boat of theirs so hopefully everyone got what they wanted

Fjord

Even trade for a folding kayak? With a motor? Pretty good deal. There's no end to the time and money you can spend, but you're a leg up already with your own mooring. Get some MacLube and #10x1" wood screws* and you're good to go. If you're looking for advice, I'd say to sail her for a while without doing any big projects or expenditures. I found that as the first year progressed our anticipated priorities changed and I'd spun my wheels on things that weren't as important as I'd initially thought.

Welcome!
Jeff

*Everything I take apart inside seems to be held together with those.
I work don’t have time to commute to a sailing club, but want to start again. I went to an outdoors school in Scotland and sailed lasers, yawls, 420’s, and raced a 66ft boat, but that was 30 YEARS ago, haven’t felt sail cloth since! I figure I bang around in the E25 all summer and I will do just what you said, feel my way into it.

For a pocket cruiser it tracks impressively, choosing the right boat saved me from myself. 120 miles…. I forgot that sailing is…. hard, but rewarding.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I think it’s a 78 E25 fixed keel not the E25+, but my knowledge is near 0, there’s promotional material and maintenance logs. It was refit in 04’, for 15k, used and cared for then sat on the dock for the past 6 years, cleaned with heat, but not used and the rigging stopped being repaired more than half a decade ago, a few dollar store key chain aluminum carabiners being used where they shouldn’t be
One picture of the OB mount on the transom should resolve the question.

Fjord

One picture of the OB mount on the transom should resolve the question.
My sailing-ese is rusty…. outboard transom mount… I went for this boat because it had no inboard I can only handle so much on the job learning at once

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpeg
    IMG_0923.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 8

gabriel

Live free or die hard
My sailing-ese is rusty…. outboard transom mount… I went for this boat because it had no inboard I can only handle so much on the job learning at once
E25 not 25+. Nice boat. they didn’t make too many of the fixed keel e25’s. How’s the interior?

Fjord

E25 not 25+. Nice boat. they didn’t make too many of the fixed keel e25’s. How’s the interior?
No mold smell. It looks pretty good, cushions were kept out of the boat. It sat for 6 years but he had heat in it from shore power I think the interior is pretty good, better than the rigging? I’m curious if this is a decent interior seems so for the age.

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0823.jpeg
    IMG_0823.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0809.jpeg
    IMG_0809.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0810.jpeg
    IMG_0810.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 20

gabriel

Live free or die hard
No mold smell. It looks pretty good, cushions were kept out of the boat. It sat for 6 years but he had heat in it from shore power I think the interior is pretty good, better than the rigging? I’m curious if this is a decent interior seems so for the age.
Looks excellent actually. Funny how your sink has the exact same cover mine, made of some wood that sort if smells likecoconut.

that door under the V berth is so convenient! Mine doesn’t have it.

I did notice some typical discoloration where the bulkhead and chainplate meet. May want to look and make sure the bulkhead is sound.

0D972EC2-5A3B-4114-95B6-C527F9A6CC7D.jpeg