Drop-in solid state cooler for ice chest?

BobB

Member II
I remember reading a couple of article about drop-in Peltier, aka solid-state, cooling units that could be used with existing coolers or ice chest. A search of the internet has turned up little except many portable 12v coolers. Can anyone help direct me to a vendor? Again, I'm looking for a 12v drop-in Peltier/solid-state chiller for my ice chest. Thanks.

chaco

Member III
Coolerator

Try www.askeland.com. They carry the SS Coolerator Ice Box Conversion
(401.946.8470). The SS Coolers use 1.5x the amps of Compressor Units
for the same cooling :nerd:

Good Luck :egrin: :egrin:

tanksalot

You might look into the Coleman Stirling cooler. I bought one and hooked up an ammeter. 3.3 amps at initial startup and low 2's during running. It's pricey (I paid $369 at Newegg.com) but so far (2 wks) looks like a good bet. It's not made to be "built in", and is 28 inches long, but for minimal electricity usage it's one of the lowest.

BobB

Member II
You might look into the Coleman Stirling cooler. I bought one and hooked up an ammeter. 3.3 amps at initial startup and low 2's during running. It's pricey (I paid $369 at Newegg.com) but so far (2 wks) looks like a good bet. It's not made to be "built in", and is 28 inches long, but for minimal electricity usage it's one of the lowest.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the Coleman. As I 'mature', the creature comforts become more important, but for right now, it seems that block ice is still a good, viable option <g>.