E 34 T PHRF rating

Seth

Sustaining Partner
144-141

Should be about right. I think we are at 138 for the Turbo 34T (Rogue) I was involved with, but it has a taller rig and longer boom than the normal Tall rig....

Maybe Steve (the owner) will check in on this thread..

Rhynie

Member III
Seth,
I put the application in the mail yesterday; we'll see what I get back. I found a couple in the Great Lakes area that had 156 base ratings.
Brian

Seth

Sustaining Partner
COuld be

I was under the impression the 34 T with std rig was in the mid 150's, and the Tall rig about 144-150. The boat I worked with recently had a good bit taller rig than even the tall rig (hence the Turbo moniker)-it was a very customized rig-about 4 feet more on I and P than the normal Tall rig and about 18 inches more on the E. Look up Rogue on LMPHRF for actual dims-or maybe Steve (the owner) will check in with details..

:egrin:
S

Rhynie

Member III
Seth,
Found Rogue at 144, and there is also Scirocco at 159. We'll see what I get back.
Brian

Seth

Sustaining Partner
There you go!

I stand corrected-although I think they originally gave us 138, and Steve may have lobbied for a break as he does not race very often.

159 would be the shorter rig, I would think, so you should be somewhere in between.

Just remember not to get too worked up about 6 seconds either way. On a buoy race of 6 miles, this is 36 seconds, and you can lose this at the start or on a single missed shift, so if you are winning at 156 for example, you should be winning at 150.

Enjoy!

S:egrin:

Rhynie

Member III
Seth,
Been sailing/racing for years, just new to Ericson, but sort of stepped back to the cruz, boozn & snoozn class nowadays. I'll also pick up 12 seconds/mile over the base rating as she will get the Cruising Credit for fixed prop and roller furling. I've lost all the cartilage in my shoulders so can't play with the fast boys anymore, will probably sail mostly non-spinaker.

Rhynie

Member III
Rhynie eceived her PHRF rating today: base of 147 plus 12 seconds for cruising credit for a net rating of 158. It was awarded as a provisional rating as there are no other 34T's in the region and there is very little documentation on them, so I'll get an automatic review at renewal.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Congrats!

That should give you some margin for goofing off! Enjoy it-you will be at your best uphill in all conditions, and despite the short rig should do OK on all points of sail in light-ish breeze. Downhill in breeze is not the most fun with that skinny ass-end, but you will get your best VMG going straight DDW, since the boat is fairly heavy and does not get a speed boost by sailing hotter angles-so it is not worth the extra distance....

:egrin::egrin:
S

Last edited:

Rhynie

Member III
Seth,
Actualy, she is the tall rig. The couple of races so far, I have pointed with and out-pointed boats that I could not hold with in my Pearson 30; she really works to windward well.
It will just take some time learning her. We have a race next weekend and then a long distance single-handed coming up, That should be fun.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Well there you go!

Great! Have fun, keep the weight out of the ends and use the right sail combo,and with any luck you will ruin your rating!;)

S