E25 condition questions

Fjord

Member I
There’s an area about the size of a dime that is somewhat punky soft, especially on the head side of the bulkhead. You can see the owner put some caulk of some type to try and prevent the moisture intruding. The previous owner told me that the bolts were always pressed up into the head liner like that when he purchased it 20 years ago?

Fjord

Member I
Try "insert image/or click here", the icon located next to the chain "link" icon that appears in the "edit" or "new post" panel.

That method retrieves the image from your computer, and sometimes works better than dragging from the desktop.

I can upload MPEGs of 5MP. Once uploaded, they need to be reduced to appropriate size for the thread by dragging a corner.

Members say laptop or desktop easier than telephone.
Thanks that worked much better

gabriel

Live free or die hard
I think the only way to know for sure would be to remove the chain plate and look at the holes.

Replace the bulkheads was the second project I did on my E25.

Fjord

Member I
I think the only way to know for sure would be to remove the chain plate and look at the holes.

Replace the bulkheads was the second project I did on my E25.
Did you post about your project? Seems like that would be quite an involved process, I’d be curious to see what it entails . I’m a total newbie, but I’ve built off grid cabins, remodeled houses, so I might have a fighting chance!

I have this marine rail at my house that’s I used for an alumaweld typical PNW fishing boat. I’m tempted to see if I can alter the cradle to get the E25 into my boathouse…. the weight of a sailboat gives me pause though.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpeg
    IMG_1355.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 4

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Did you post about your project? Seems like that would be quite an involved process, I’d be curious to see what it entails . I’m a total newbie, but I’ve built off grid cabins, remodeled houses, so I might have a fighting chance!

I have this marine rail at my house that’s I used for an alumaweld typical PNW fishing boat. I’m tempted to see if I can alter the cradle to get the E25 into my boathouse…. the weight of a sailboat gives me pause though.
I don’t believe I posted, but I still have all the photos. I'll try and post something up.