E27 bottom paint quantity

Haiku

Member II
It's time to haul and repaint the bottom on my E27. When I did it two years ago I bought 1gal of Interlux Micron CSC and used it all. Problem is I can't remember if I did one or two coats with that. I only need one coat this year.
How much do people generally use? 3 quarts are still $40 less than paying for a gallon.

Thanks

Last edited:

Haiku

Member II
Thanks Al. I think I'll buy 3 quarts and hope to be able to return one of them.
I'm fairly positive I did 2 coats with a gallon a couple of years ago.

Scott Abbott

Member III
I just repainted bottom paint. I used Pacifica Plus and I got just on coat with a gallon. Had a small amount left good for touching up the bottom of the keel. Not your paint... but suspect getting a second gallon is wise. Always can use it next year!

It's time to haul and repaint the bottom on my E27. When I did it two years ago I bought 1gal of Interlux Micron CSC and used it all. Problem is I can't remember if I did one or two coats with that. I only need one coat this year.
How much do people generally use? 3 quarts are still $40 less than paying for a gallon.

Thanks

Haiku

Member II
Bottom paint is complete. I ended up buying a gallon of Micron CSC and only used about half. That included two coats at the waterline and various other places.
I ended up moving the waterline up 4" and painted a new boot stripe. Very happy with the end result.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 39