E35-2 starboard bulkhead

caretta

Hello all,
WE are new Ericson owners since last fall and anxiously awaiting launch time in Maine. I have done the bulkhead repairs/replacement with the help of all the good advice here. It seems as though a prior owner may put a third bulkhead into the larger starboard hanging locker just forward of the bookcase/main chainplate bulkhead? The middle one in the pic. Am I correct or was it there from the factory?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 150

caretta

Oops

Sorry that turned out to be a really big rotated iPhone photo. Second time every posting to a forum.

ckc

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Try this....
attachment.php

Attachments

• bulkhead image.jpg
    bulkhead image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 183

Zbingham

Member I
That "third" one is normal. It makes up the wall of the locker and back of the bookshelf thing. It also separates the locker from the lower cutout area (for your feet when lying on the settee). It might also be there for a little more rigidity since the chainplate bulkhead has the cut outs - not too sure. Do you plan to do the cut outs or leave it solid? I've always thought this area was pretty wierd with all the mini bulkheads. It seems like there is some wasted space. Also seems weird to me to have the cutouts in the main bulkhead.

caretta

I was planning on leaving it solid. I'll probably make access to shelve through the "extra" panel from in the closet

Chris