• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E39b new owner

Kyle

Greetings from New Zealand. I recently purchased a Ericson 39b . The previous owner (a New Zealander for 10 years) doesn't know much about its history. I'm guessing not many of these left the US for these waters and particularly with a hardtop Dodger. The internet can actually be a small world ....wondering if anyone knows any information about this yacht ? Regards Kyle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-214704_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-214704_Trade Me.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20200831-214627_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-214627_Trade Me.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20200831-214521_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-214521_Trade Me.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200831_143001.jpg
    20200831_143001.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20200831_141508.jpg
    20200831_141508.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200831_143029.jpg
    20200831_143029.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 75

Kyle

What year of mfg. on the title? Bunk beds? Wow...beautiful!!!
Still trying to verify this, I can't find and hull # or manufacturers plate. Yes bunks in starboard main salon and a aft and forward double.

gadangit

Member III
Check the bronze emergency tiller plate on the floor of the cockpit. Ours is stamped with the hull number and is, as far as I know, the only identifying number on the boat.
Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
By the era my boat was constructed (80's) the wood shop at EY was writing the hull number on the backside of interior cabinet and sole pieces.
I recall that 70's boats can be found with the hull # stamped on rudder head and tiller connections sometimes. An original main sail, if received as a 'spare' will usually have a hull/sail number on it.
Mostly, you will get the legal year built off of the title papers. Boats of this size are often USCG documented, and can be looked up in the documentation database on-line.
Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the pix, too.
:egrin:

Kyle

Check the bronze emergency tiller plate on the floor of the cockpit. Ours is stamped with the hull number and is, as far as I know, the only identifying number on the boat.
Chris
Cheers thanks for that will take a peak next time I am out.

Kyle

By the era my boat was constructed (80's) the wood shop at EY was writing the hull number on the backside of interior cabinet and sole pieces.
I recall that 70's boats can be found with the hull # stamped on rudder head and tiller connections sometimes. An original main sail, if received as a 'spare' will usually have a hull/sail number on it.
Mostly, you will get the legal year built off of the title papers. Boats of this size are often USCG documented, and can be looked up in the documentation database on-line.
Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the pix, too.
:egrin:
Appreciate the advice thank-you will follow that up.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi Kyle -

Also check the support beneath the engine and the transom. You should be looking for an "ERY..." number. I'm attaching a draft document that is currently in development. We're putting together a service for a US Certificate of Origin which may be of use to you in the future. See this thread for more info on that:

Also, I'm moving this thread over to the Raftup forum, as that is where we typically have the introduction threads....

Attachments

• 210414 HIN Number Description.pdf
    88.7 KB · Views: 6