Ericson 27 vs...

rnrlynn

Welcome to Everett!

We are in Everett too. We love our E27! Yours looks beautiful inside.
Some mods we have done:
Made a "crib" in the v-berth for our little one
Made a small double berth with the starboard settee
Need to do:
Lines led aft
Install our new stainless handrails :)
Where are you in the marina so we can check it out?

Rachelle & Ryan
Tivoli E-27

obiwanrazzy

Member II
I'm on the south side, slip D-33. I'm actually right next to another E27! :egrin:

I'm interested in how you made your v-berth crib. We have two daughters, 6 and 1.5 years old. It might be too late to try to crib in the youngest while she's awake (getting mobile!), but some sort of barrier to keep her from rolling out in the middle of the night would be good.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Sleeping with young ones

Matt,
On our E27, we use our quarter berth for our 2 year old (it is great for her and there is no where for her to roll too) and our 4 year old is on one of the main cabin settees (usually the starboard side). I have considered making a canvas sling that would snap on to the base of the settee and snap on to the underside of the table to keep our son from rolling off but we usually stow our dingy under the table so it would stop him from falling off too. Karen and I share the V-berth.
KJ

Last edited:

rnrlynn

Matthew - That's us!

You are right next to us. We are in D-31 South. I guess I don't need to post photos of our 'cribberth' you can check it out yourself.
That is great. I'm sure you will see us down there....although not as much during the winter. We are talking about heading to Langley tomorrow (Friday).
I'm glad you didn't post 'I'm next to a neglected E-27' ;)
Rachelle & Ryan

obiwanrazzy

Member II
I had a feeling...

When I saw the nettng, I assumed it was a family with little ones. By the way Rachelle , your netting actually looks great! Often it doesn't look right, but you've got me thinking about it now. Your boat is in fine shape, by the way.

We went out yesterday after turkey and had a nice little sail until sunset. A bit cold out for the girls, but everyone had a blast. It was the first sail for the youngest and also for my wife. Happily everyone seems to want to go again soon!

I'll be down around the dock this afternoon doing a couple chores. Maybe I'll see you all there! If not, sometime soon I'm sure.

Kevin,
Good point on the quarter berth, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I may still rig something up so she doesn't craw out, but a little netting there might be all I need. Then again, we won't likely overnight untill spring. Maybe she'll be a little less rolly polly by then... (I'm not holding my breath tho). ;)

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Bed scooters & tricyle motors

Our two year old is a bed scooter. She moves all over during her sleep but we also found out that a toddler sleeping bag really limits her movement while sleeping aboard, so you may want to try that as well.
KJ