• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30+ prop shaft dimensions

Ahoy, all. Does anyone know what the OEM prop shaft dimensions are? I'm looking at replacing the OEM prop with a new, feathering two-blade, and that's one of the dimensions required. TYIA!

EXAMPLE:
Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 3.28.41 PM.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Given it's an Ericson, I'm betting it was built with a stock 1" prop shaft.

Thanks, Loren. I saw a few references to the shaft being 1 inch. For the quotes I asked for from a few prop makers/sellers, I did put 1" for shat diameter.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Probably not news to most, but perhaps worth a short mention is how I verified the diameter of our boat's prop shaft, waaay back in time.
It was a new boat to us, and the info needed to be checked/verified.

I had no micrometer anywhere near that size. A larger micrometer would cost money..... Hmmm.....

I could reach the shaft, thru a removable panel under the aft cabin berth and observe it. So, I borrowed my parallel rule from the nav desk and held it down with one hand holding the rule sides against the shaft. With other hand was able to measure across the rule opening about 18" up where I could awkwardly get an eyeball on it. I used a 12" ruler. Worked fine and this crude technique has been used in some other situations, too.