• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 31 Independence Info desired

B

bradbarrett

I am very interested in the full keel 31' traditional ericson model(s)( They are full keel, right?) I am not even sure if the "Ericson Cruising 31" and the "Ericson Independence 31" are the same boat! I saw one in the sea of cortez and was captivated... It was a cutter rig, and I do not know if that was factory (the bowsprit?) Yeah, I am a newbee with ericsons, but have my 26 foot sloop up for sale and this model is on my short list. I did download the data from the "doc" section on this website thank you very much, but I would like to understand the boat. What are the cababilities? What specifics would one look for when purchasing? weak areas? Why was she built and for what purpose? Seaworthyness? I appreciate it! Thanks...

Glyn Judson

11-19-01, 1754 Brad, Give me a holler and I'll share with you all I know about the Ericson 31. The keel configuration of the E31 is that of a modified full keel. The forefoot is cut away giving the tracking traits of a full keel boat with the maneuverability of one more like that of a fin keel. The Cruising 31 and the Independence 31 are the same boats but for the fact that ownres of the E31 were polled by the factory and asked what changes they'd like to see in their boats. The Independence 31 is the result. Where are you located? I'm in Marina del Rey and can show a couple here. I maintain a registry for the 31 and can answer your questions. Regards, Glyn Judson Home phone: 310.453.1892