Ericsons are getting scarce

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Just looked at Yachtworld for the first time in a long while and was surprised to find only 26 Ericson’s listed for sale. When I was boat shopping in 2016 that number was about 126! I guess the used sailboat market is strong, or maybe it’s just that the word is out that these are good boats.

Elgyn

I listed my 35-2 with a broker and it sat for 6 months. Found out from several people trying to by it that he was telling people not to buy it. Then I listed it on Craigslist and had it sold within 2 weeks out from under him. I still keep in touch with the new owner

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Found out from several people trying to by it that he was telling people not to buy it.
Terrible. That's what sometimes keeps lawyers employed. I am glad you got it sold; I have sold a lot of smaller things over the years on CL.

Drewm3i

Member III
Just looked at Yachtworld for the first time in a long while and was surprised to find only 26 Ericson’s listed for sale. When I was boat shopping in 2016 that number was about 126! I guess the used sailboat market is strong, or maybe it’s just that the word is out that these are good boats.
I think decent used boats are scarce in general. They've been selling like hotcakes in Annapolis. I've missed out on two Hunters before deciding I'm okay with another older Ericson and a refit. :egrin:

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Possible Ericson sighting in central RI. Seen last night. It looks like an E35-2 to me, but happy to be corrected. No 'for sale' sign but it looks like it's been there a couple years. The canvas appears good which makes me think it's been well cared for in the past.
E35-2 Sage a sm.jpg
E35-2 Sage b sm.jpg
E35-2 Sage c sm.jpg
In this marina there is an active 32-3 and a 35-3 (not ours).