• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

expected raw water flow rate on e34-2 / m25xp ?

phildogginit

Member II
Does anyone know what the raw water flow rate should be on m25xp? (with oberdorfer pump)?

Has anyone measured it (at different rpms?)

My engine is running on the hot side and I'm troubleshooting.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'd say that if you put the outflow hose in a bucket, and the impeller is in good shape, then the flow is what it is. I think forum members have concluded that although other brands of pump have higher outputs, the Oberdorfer works well enough and its rate is not an issue.

More likely the overheating issue is the stuff downstream of the pump, notably the heat exchanger. They need to be serviced every few years result of mineral buildup. Lots of reports on how to do that yourself.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I agree with Christian. I this year I changed from a Sherwood to a Oberdorfer pump on my m25xp and if anything the flow is better and I have no over heating problems. I too would check the heat exchanger.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
My Oberdorfer self primes anti-freeze from a bucket, and pumps 3 gallons in around a minute. Never really timed it though.

EGregerson

Member III
If the impeller and heat exchanger are ok; check the raw water intake hose. If it's the original (1987 - 2021 let's see....) , it could be collapsing internally. disconnect raw water hose at sea cock; run (known good) hose to impeller pump; check flow.