EY.c Future: Toward a National Ericsons Owers Association?

Should Ericson owners have a national owner's association?

• (0) No - Absolutely not! I'm not a 'joiner' of any type!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Here's yet another good question:

Assuming costs are kept very nominal - would you like to see the formation of a "National Ericson Owners Association"? Would you involve yourself in it to whatever degree if it was formed?

Lots of people have been calling for this - and it's actually not that much more work to do than manage this existing website. The National Ericson Owners Association (NEOA) would be little more than a clearing house for information on the boats - who owns them, when, etc - and could possibly provide some 'unity' structure (think new burgee).

What are your thoughts on this?

//sse

neilio

National Association

I think a national association would be a great thing to have. I would be very interested in finding other Ericson owners here in Massachusetts.

Joe Benedict

Member II
Where Do I Sign Up!

When the site was down, I tried to find other sites and info. None met the quality or the quantity of this site. Chicagoland has a lot of sailors with sailboats but it is a small portion of the millions of people. The result is very little dialogue on the topic. I'm surprised this site is free.

PS Thanks Sean

George Fitch

I like the idea of an owners association and a membership fee is reasonable. I would also buy NEOA merchandise such as a sun hat or canvas type carry-on bag with the Ericson logo embroidered on it.

Sean, thanks for a very valuable web site.

George
'78 35-2

:egrin:

ccorcoran

Member II
Count me in!

I'm constantly looking for other Ericson owners; I think a national owners club would be great, if for no other reason to help locate owners in your local area and owners of your model Ericson across the country.

I'm not sure about the NEOA acronym; maybe we can work on it a bit!

No matter, count me in.

Mike.Gritten

Member III
I'm in! Let me know what I can do to help. I manage a reprographic/print shop in Vancouver and could provide that kind of service if needed.

Steve Hall

Ericson Owners Association

I would likely use the Web Site and the Association to ask questions about maintenance of my boat. I have participated in the Maine Ericson Owners Association in the past.

WBurgner

Member III
National Association

I believe a clearing house for information regarding the boats and a locator for other owners is essential for owners of orphaned boats, so count me in.

Bill Burgner
Orlando, FL
:egrin:

raleighm

Member II
Ericson Web Site and Owner's Assoc.

I have found this site to be helpful and would like to see it continue. I would not mind a nominal charge if it were necessary to keep it running. I would also like to see a national association formed, particularly if it would encourage and assist formation of regional groups. I sail the southern Chesapeake and would like to interact with other Ericson skippers down here.

Raleigh

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
YA YA :) WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE SAID, iM IN IT WOULD BE A GOOD THING :egrin:

Phil MacFarlane
E-35 II 1971 #184
Sail a Vie :cool:

More than 75% say they would get involved. WOW how many times do you see that ?

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Check the other thread...

Just as an FYI… Gene Kohlmann (President of PSC) has just replied to all the traffic on EY.c, in a post entitled “Why Should PSC Support EY.c?”.

Please post your reply to his message now, and let him know that there are many Ericson Owners concerned about this issue. Click here to open that thread directly:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=1726

Thanks for your continued support!

//sse

davemitchell

Member I
yes and no

I think that a national assoc. would be in all essences, EY.c . Being how spread out all the owners and boats are, any dues would probaly just go for the website maintenience. I find the site useful, but I don't come here everyday. I am completely willing to pay a fee for this site. Sorry about the spelling (too many years with spell check.) To sum it up, a rose by any other name.
Thanks

rhewitt

Member II
National...?

I think it is a good idea

But am I the only Ericson not in the USA at this time?
Maybe the name could include ALL owners... just a thought.:cool: