Free Embroidery

clohman

Member II
To all:

I paid the small set-up fee to have the Ericson Logo digitized with a professional embroiderer outfit in Pennsylvania. If you're intereested in any of their polo shirts, T-shirts, jackets or hats, you can run an order through the web site below or call their 800 number. Just let them know you want the Ericson Yachts Logo and the color thread you prefer - which is included for no extra cost. In other words, their list prices for clothing already include the logo. (I'm not affilitated with the company.)

Chip
Whispering Swan
Quantico, VA
www.embroidery-concepts.com

Attachments

• ericson.jpg
    ericson.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 651

GJ Jones

Embroidery

Chip,
Thank You for sharing, I was making out the old Xmas list, and thinking the crew would look good in Ericson gear.
Gary

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Cost to digitize?

Chip,

That's a very nice offer. We're just getting ready to put an embroidery design on file with a little outfit in our local mall. The design will include our boat name, which is in the Tango font, and this is the first embroidery place we've run across that has had that font on file.

If you don't mind sharing - what did the setup fee cost you? How many stitches did it take? Would the embroidery company allow you to distribute the file? The company I am working with requires an Embroidery Office file (.dst). They don't seem willing to create the digitized image.

That's enough questions for now. Thanks.

clohman

Member II
It's been a couple years but I'm guessing I paid about $20 or $25 for the set-up. I simply sent them one of the logos from this web site and a jpeg file from an old Ericson catalog for the font. You would have to ask them if they woud share the file. I don't know the thread count but it's dense enough to look good. The picture I posted doesn't do it justice. The shirts, hats, and jackets sold by this PA store are high quality, bargain priced, and include the logo and name. Good luck!

Chip

Last edited:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks, Chip. Now that the holiday rush is over, I talked to the embroidery place and they want a minimum $75 for the setup of just the helmet. So, I gotta think about this a little bit. The online embroidery site does not have the Tango font, so I'd need to talk to them about that if I want to use my boat name and keep it true. Attached is the design we just put on two shirts for my parents - the first from my family to sail with us.

Attachments

• PilotProjectShirt01-emb-only.JPG
    PilotProjectShirt01-emb-only.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 243

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Hi Craig (and all),
Have you called the folks from L & S Industries up in your area? They did a couple of sets of towels for us last year and have made everyone we cruise with absolutely green with envy:D
The prices were VERY competitive and they have a nice ericson helmet logo in their computer already.
Check here...
http://www.homestead.com/nwericson/forsale.html

Best,
Chris

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I'll check with them, Chris. Thanks.

And I erroneously stated above my parents were the first from the family to sail with us. My youngest daughter was the first by many months - with her ex-boyfriend. Not sure she wants a shirt, but I'll have to ask her.

Cheers,