• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Front Page Construction Status

supersailor

Contributing Partner
When I bring the new site up, it opens in the Forums portion of the program. It will not switch to the Home screen. All other areas are functioning normally. Is anyone else having this problem?

JSM

Member III
When I bring the site up I get the intro and them it goes into Forums. Once in Forums I click on the home tab and it goes/stays in Forums. Maybe Forums and Home are the same ?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
For me, Home and Forums are currently the same.

I have a hunch Sean is still working on the initial welcome page, as the migration is not entirely complete.

This is true of several other areas, including the blogs (which Sean has asked us not to post to at the moment).

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Try this:
Presumably you have a shortcut in the ribbon along the top of your browser. If so, delete the shortcut.
Click on Home or go to the page you want to open to and then copy the URL.
Drag that into your shortcuts bar.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
I erased the browser and went out on Google to pull a new one in. The results are the same. It appears the Home page is locked out.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have the "Ey.o Information Page" bookmarked and I never use the public opening page with the old brochure photos.
I do not know if that makes any difference....

Hmmm.... just tried it with the landing page, ericsonyachts.org. Title screen loads with the small clickable 'skip intro' words, and they function. The rest of the old intro page did not load. (?)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Geeeze you guys...

The "Front Page" - which is what you're talking about - is not constructed yet. Therefore, the Home tab is pointed at the forums for the time being. I am expecting to put the Front Page with the image rotation, links to the legal stuff, donation page, and other odds and ends by the end of this week or this weekend.

The Front Page is being dealt with after all the others as it is sort of a "hood ornament" kind of deal - pretty, but not critical to the operation of the rest of the site. Now that other issues are getting ironed out, it will be addressed in kind.

If you wish to reset your shortcuts to the location of where the front page will be - it should be (though, no guarantees of course):

I will update this thread once I have more information on the Front Page construction and when it should be complete.

//sse

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
The front page has been reconstructed along the lines of what we had before, although there are a couple of small differences.

The sub-pages to the front page (donations/about us, etc) are off the main Home page. I will be adding our privacy agreement and user agreement pages to this page as well - but need to check a few things first. I also need to revisit the entry and look at that gif that runs up there...

//sse