FS: Nearly new E34/E35 Asymetrical

Cory B

Sustaining Member
We have an Asymetrical spinnaker cut for our 35-3 (should fit near perfectly on 80s vintage 34's as well) that has only been flown ONCE since new. It is 1.5oz so it won't work too well as drifter, but should stand up nicely to higher winds. The reason we are thinking of parting with it is that we also have a .75oz, and with our sedentary version of sailing, when the wind pipes up beyond the .75 oz range it just seems like too much work. :)

In my humble and not-so-informed opinion, it has decent shape, and I like it better than the supposedly nearly identically cut .75 oz we have. The pics are from a relatively light air day, and I don't think it was quite "fully inflated" in them. The sail is cut so that "in theory" the foot is just above the bow pulpit when fully hoisted.

Foot: 8 M (26.25ft)
Leech: 12.638M (41.46 ft)
Luff: 13.796M (45.25 ft)
Wt: 1.5 oz ripstop nylon
Manufacturer: Rolly Tasker
Price: $1200 Firm, but I will include shipping to anywhere in the US.

No snuffer... just the sail and a bag.

Attachments

• spin2_Medium.JPG
    spin2_Medium.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 48
  • spin_medium.JPG
    spin_medium.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

ref_123

Member III
Checking with sailmaker

Hi Cory,

thanks for the trim - it looks very nice :).

I am cheking with our sailmaker - based on sizing only it may fit for our 32-3, and 1.5oz is good for SF Bay. Will get back soon.

Thanks,
Stan

We have an Asymetrical spinnaker cut for our 35-3 (should fit near perfectly on 80s vintage 34's as well) that has only been flown ONCE since new. It is 1.5oz so it won't work too well as drifter, but should stand up nicely to higher winds. The reason we are thinking of parting with it is that we also have a .75oz, and with our sedentary version of sailing, when the wind pipes up beyond the .75 oz range it just seems like too much work. :)

In my humble and not-so-informed opinion, it has decent shape, and I like it better than the supposedly nearly identically cut .75 oz we have. The pics are from a relatively light air day, and I don't think it was quite "fully inflated" in them. The sail is cut so that "in theory" the foot is just above the bow pulpit when fully hoisted.

Foot: 8 M (26.25ft)
Leech: 12.638M (41.46 ft)
Luff: 13.796M (45.25 ft)
Wt: 1.5 oz ripstop nylon
Manufacturer: Rolly Tasker
Price: $1200 Firm, but I will include shipping to anywhere in the US.

No snuffer... just the sail and a bag.