Good luck in the Gulf..

Steve

Member III
Good luck in the Gulf Again!

Good luck and God speed to all Vikings in the Gulf region... AGAIN!!

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Second that!

As the pictures and stories come in, it reminds me that anything can happen when the wind and water get high. It doesn't matter what stood through past storms, there's no guarantee about the next one. Good luck to all in the storm zones and let us know how you're doing, when you get a chance.

Best regards,

kevin81

Member II
Report from the Clear Lake area (western Galveston Bay, about halfway between Galveston and Houston) -

We survived! I am happy to report my E34 survived without a scratch. There is an E29 on our dock and it also survived. We are on a floating pier and it appears the water raised the dock within 1-2 ft of the top of the pilings.

It appears most of the marinas with floating docks survived with minimal damage. Fixed docks exposed to open water suffered damage.

A marina on the upper/north end of Galveston Bay was detroyed. The water level at that marina was high enough to float all of the docks above the pilings. The floating docks and boats are all washed ashore.

Galveston is another story. From news accounts most if not all of the marinas there were severely damaged or destroyed.

Attached are two pictures near our dock.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.

Kevin
E34 Serenidad

Attachments

• SSY-1.JPG
    SSY-1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 70
  • SSY-2.JPG
    SSY-2.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 68

Steve

Member III
Just an Observation

Bad deal in Texas, what terrible damage. Something I noticed in the photos and news feeds was how many, not all, of the boats still had canvas and sails on booms and furlers. Some of this clearly seen with shredded sail cloth off the headstay. I would have thought that it would be SOP to strip the boat clean of everything when facing this kind of potential. On the other hand, perhaps the mind set is no matter what I do, short of a flatbed transport ride north, it doesn't matter. I suppose insurance would pay more with everything attached?:confused: