• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Good Things may happen in 3's- Made an Offer of an 38-200

wurzner

Member III
Last saturday may turn out to be a really good day. First, my wife and I flew from Seattle to Oakland to check out an E38-200. Second of all, the Seahawks won the division title, and last but definately not least, my long awaited and backordered Nigel Calder book showed up! Back to the 38. We sailed the boat in the Estuary in about 13 knts of wind and I was abosolutely amazed with the boat. First, with a 90% and full main, we were doing well over six knots upwind and more importantly, the feel of the steering is REALLY light. I was very, very impressed with how the boat felt as well as how quiclky it accerated. By no means am I saying it's a J-109 or anything like that, but for what it is, the boat sailed great. We made an offer and if it passed a few milestones, looks like I'll be in Sidney in a 38!

I need to verify that there is not core saturation since I saw a fair amount of water coming in on the starboard side of the V berth, most likely though the portlights. There was also water inside just aft of where the anchor well terminates. With the headliner in place, it was really hard to isolate it so hopefully a surveyor can give it a clean bill of health and I'll be left to rebedding everything. Depending on what happens, it will either be :egrin: or :eek: followed by :(

Wish me luck.

Shaun

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I'm sure it'll be fine, Shaun - the 38-200 is a wonderful boat. It's probably just dried out bedding compound.

I'm sure what you'll have is more of a
:oops: :) :p :D :rolleyes: :egrin: :egrin: :egrin:

CONGRATS on the new boat!

//sse

wurzner

Member III
Update-Offer Accepted on the 38-200 :cheers:

So far, so good. I'm going to have a 2nd survey done on the deck coring as well as the bulkheads. The boat was just surveyed 3 weeks ago and they provided me the survey which was nice. I do want to make sure the coring and bulkheads get a special look, but the boat looked and sailed really nice.

Looks like there may be another 38 at the Rendez Vous

:cheers: Shaun :cheers:

wurzner

Member III
My 32 just came out in 48 north so I'm hoping she goes fairly quick. I'm asking 19,500 and will take 17K. I had a broker run a report for 77 and 78
E32's and they ranged from between 17 and 28K. I've put some nice elbow grease into mine and while not perfect, I certainly think that it wouldn't be at the low end of the spectrum and believe it is a really good deal. That being said, the 38 will be heading north either the week of the 20th or the 27th. Just working those logistics so I can have a few days of sailing on SF bay before she gets pulled out. It would be nice to have the 32 sold by then, but it certainly isn't a requirement. Looks like Champagne in June coming up!

shaun