• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Gratitude!

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
At the risk of excessive sentimentality:

I have appreciated the past year of engaging with this forum. I think cruising yacht ownership and use may be the last refuge for high-stakes DIY effort. I have enjoyed interacting with people who are willing to take on and fix(!) various systems and projects that, actually matter when one is far from home and with few alternatives. I like that everyone is willing to share knowledge in a generous way. What a great resource this continues to be, and I wish you all well.

On that note, no one wants to be the last guy shot before the cease fire. The vaccines are coming. I hope you can all be well and take care until we can get back to normal operations.

Have a great Thanksgiving,

-Tom

Teranodon

Member III
Thanks to its administrators and moderators, this forum is an oasis of expertise, sanity and courtesy in the vast internet desert of misinformation and vulgarity. It reminds me of the original rec.boats Usenet group, back in the 1980s, before the WWW. It was small, self-policing and completely new. Something to be truly thankful for.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks to its administrators and moderators, this forum is an oasis of expertise, sanity and courtesy in the vast internet desert of misinformation and vulgarity. It reminds me of the original rec.boats Usenet group, back in the 1980s, before the WWW. It was small, self-policing and completely new. Something to be truly thankful for.
Yes, this site is a tremendous asset for all us Ericson owners! I especially appreciate that everyone takes the time to provide detailed advice, and that the administrators and moderators go back to find previous relevant threads and re-post them to draw on that history. Keep up the good work, everyone!! :)
Frank

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Gratitude! I cannot think of a better word. We all have tremendous investments in our Ericson's and the only other word I can bring to this thread is a repeat of what Frank said: "appreciation" for the support and continuing dedication of its members, in providing the experience that makes it easier to understand what it takes to make our own Ericson a better sailboat. Thank you.

CSMcKillip

Starting out this site was a tremendous help. Over the years I have read a ton of wealthy information about our boats and that is what makes the “Ericson” for me.....

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I just relocated this thread for topic....and wanted to say that I appreciate your comments on the site.

When this site was conceived in 2000, it was part of my own search for Ericson information to help me locate a boat for purchase. In seeing the absence of a single site, I thought it might be useful to others to create one and provide a home to other owners - thus lengthening the life of the line. Happily, 20 years and tens of thousands of users have proven this correct!

I hope you all have a great holiday - please stay safe and healthy! Thanks for your continued support!

//sse

windblown

Member III
More kudos to you, Sean, and to the great, supportive community here. The new format has made it even easier to search and post, and this forum adds a lot of joy to the experience of owning and caring for our beautiful yachts.

Bobby Steele

Member II
I can’t thank you enough. Without this site, trying to work on our 34-2 would be a major project. With it, and everyone’s help, what should be minor jobs ARE minor jobs.

vanilladuck

E32-3 / San Francisco
Blogs Author
Having bought my first boat last summer, I was a little concerned about online forum culture in regards to getting help and offering suggestions as I go through the journey with my vessel. I'm continually impressed with the candor, respect, and caring shown in these forums. So grateful I bought an Ericson and to be connected with everyone here!