Hard to find hardware

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I have this hardware on my companion way ladder, like I suppose many Ericson owner do, that I will be replacing when I re-finish the wood part of the ladder. It looks to be badly corroded and may need to be replaced. Problem is where do I get the replacement parts? I don't ever remember seeing this hardware in any catalog but it is a big world out there so maybe someone can give me a source name. Photo of the hardware on the ladder is attached.

Attachments

• ladder_HDWR.jpg
    ladder_HDWR.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 56

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
If you look under maint and mechanical you will find a thread last entry date 6-2-10 where an owner removed these parts, he may still have them.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Ladder Lock

Sooooo.....they're called ladder locks! Thanks for the link!! :egrin:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Another option -- if you remove them and take them to a chroming place they'll tumble them and re-chrome them better than new for not much more than the cheap Chinese ones Jamestown is selling from ABI.

ABI went out of business a few months ago, so I wouldn't bet on those parts being available.

Tbacon

ladder locks

i just removed mine when i refinished all the interior wood. i used a piano hinge instead of the original hardware. it is much more secure and i just put an eyelet on the companionway hood with a hook under the last step so it is out of the way and not a hazard. when i need to get to the engine i just swing it up. it works great. the hardware i took off is in good shape if you want it, but i would recommend checking out the piano hinge. looks great too.