• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Head (toilet) Hose Connections Ericson 381

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Wow, Great catch. I've stared at that drawing hundreds of times and even used it to install the system and never caught that. I had to pause and wonder why it works... was my vented loop not actually functioning?...Nope, after looking at pictures, I do have it on the high side of the pump between the pump and the bowl. Thanks!

In regards to the pump drawing air from the sink drain when using raw water, I've never noticed the problem. I'm guessing it's because the thru hull is far enough below the waterline that there's enough head in the line to avoid the issue. It really isn't that far below, so I guess it doesn't take much.

Keeping the system simple for guests of all knowledge levels is a very good thing to keep in mind. I do have the sink plug available if we run into that issue though.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Here's the revised design with the raw water vented loop on the right side of the pump.

1660850829050.png

Touchrain

Member III
Fyi, my recent update to 1980 E38. Y-Valve easier to access (yes, I need to wire). Lower left switch to macerator for overboard where legal. Upper right switch for flushing Raritan. Upper left holding tank display/gauge.9F8DA6B0-B601-4396-B027-CED3DE6504A0.jpeg