Headsail for 71 E-29 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Hughes

Member I
:egrin: :egrin: Need a hanked headsail or used roller furling system for my E-29. Any leads would be great. Thanks, Ray Hughes, "Capricious" Oceanside Harbor, Oceanside, CA.

Last edited:

Dave G

Member II
I've got a hanked-on used 150 from my E29 that I don't need, are you interested?

Dave Green
E29 Spirit

Don Taugher

Member II
E-29 Headsail

I have an almost new 155% mylar genoa for sale. North in Newport Beach made the sail in May 2003, I used it for some evening racing, about 10 hours worth, didn't use it at all in 2004. I have purchased an E38, but didn't sell the sale with my E29. The sail has hanks and is in perfect condition. I paid $2000 and will sell for $1000. I'm in the Long Beach area, contact me if you would like to see or test sail. I can be reached by email (taugher6@aol.com) or phone (714) 892-0415.

Don Taugher

Joe Benedict

Member II
E 29 Sail Specs

I have heard good and bad things about buying used sails. There are a number of sites that deal in used sails such as the Sail Exchange, Atlantic Sail Traders, Bacon etc. Just search on used sails. In any case, I ordered a set of plans for the E29 from Bruce King and the attachment is a scan of the text box for the sails print (sorry for the quality but I had to keep the kb's down). I also am going through my sails (lake is frozen) in preparation for sending out for repair and just measured 2 of the headsails. The 120% Lapper measures about 32'2" (luff), 14'4" (foot), and 31'5" (leach.) The 140% Genoa is about 36'8" (luff), 18'3" (foot), and 36'1" (leach.) These measurements are a supplement to what is contained in the owners' manual which is available under "Spec and Documents." If you happen to go the used sail market let us know how things went. Happy New Year!

Attachments

• sailspec.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 100

Dave G

Member II
Head Sail Wanted

Ray,

I have been unsucsseful using the email address you sent me, please contact me again directly or send me your phone number.

Dave G

Status
Not open for further replies.