How to reach the togean islands, off of sulawesi, indonesia

SAILSHIGH

Member III
Does anyone know how to get to the Togean islands, off of Sulawesi, Indonesia?

I have a family member travelling abroad and they are in Indonesia.

Just Curious,

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
First, get driving directions to Jakarta ...

"Standing in splendid isolation in Tomini Bay, central Sulawesi, it is quite time consuming to get to the Togean Islands. But you will be thankful you went to the effort to get there as that's the price you pay for a remote piece of tropical paradise. After all, if it was easy to get to, there'd be more tourists and litter here, spoiling it for you!

For budget-conscious travellers, the best way to the Togians is via the overnight ferry from Gorontalo, which is included in our resort package prices.The departures from Gorontalo are at 22:00 hrs every Wednesday and Saturday (arriving in the Togeans at 11:00 hrs), or at 20:00 hrs every Thursday (arriving 07:00 hrs).The return times from the Togians are at 16:00 hrs every Monday, Thursday and Saturday (arriving in Gorontalo at 06:00 hrs).

For our more well-heeled customers, there is a daily speed boat transfer service available (please contact us for details), but we think a more luxurious and convenient way to see the Togeans is via liveaboard from Manado.

You can fly to Gorontalo from Jakarta with Lion Air and Sriwijaya Air, who both have daily flights. Alternatively, you can fly into Manado from Singapore with Silk Air, and then on to Gorontalo. There are regular flights (but with changeable schedules) from Manado to Gorontalo with both Merpati Air and Trigana Air."

Seems like a far-out place.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
No problem, Wes. Good thing you spelled the names right.

I just saw a private message from you so I'll go there now.