I sold Queenie last Friday

Bud H.

Member II
Well it was a bittersweet drive home from the marina last Friday as I turned the keys to Queenie over to her new owner. You know that old saying about the second happiest day in the life of a boat owner is the day he sells her? It’s not necessarily true.
Some of you might remember I almost sold Queenie last summer but backed out of the deal because I just wasn’t ready to part with her. About two months ago the same guy who was interested last year called me out of the blue and knowing that my annual moorage fee was coming up asked me if I might be interested in selling this year.
This past year has been a roller coaster for my wife and me. Last September she was diagnosed with a large tumor in her brain. After surgery in Harborview in Seattle and rehabilitation at U. of W. we got her home and she’s doing great, getting stronger and healthier every day but the boat was and is still a challenge for her. As you know from a previous post a fellow boater out at the marina built her a beautiful set of stairs to get aboard the boat but the ladder to the cabin and just confidently moving about the boat was a bit problematic.
So anyway this guy from Portland is still interested in the boat and after about two months of sporadic back and forth last Friday we signed the papers and now Queenie is his and lives in Portland Oregon.
This site has been a real great resource for me as an Ericson owner and I will still check it often just to see what’s going on.
I wish you all fair sailing.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hey Bud -

I'm glad to hear your wife is doing ok - and am sorry that you've had to sell the boat - but it's very understandable given the priorities...

Please do continue to visit the site and participate with us - you'll find many other former owners (including me) who will warmly welcome you, and value your input.

Best wishes to you both -

//sse

u079721

Contributing Partner
I know the feeling well. When I was laid off from Dow Chemical in the summer of 2004 I knew I had to sell our Ericson to be portable and flexible in my job search. Selling a boat is never easy, because you can't help but think about all the great times you had aboard. But selling a boat when you don't really want to is really tough.

If you're like me you'll hang out here all the time just to live vicariously through everyone else who still gets to sail their Ericson.

All the best,

noproblemo2

Member III
Bud, We so know your emotions right now as we felt the same way last year when due to health reasons we had to sell our No Problemo. As it turned out the new owners decided they preferred power boats over sailing and within 4 months put her on the market again, gee they now own one of each...:egrin: