If you have one, where do you store your outboard while underway?

Steve Wall

Member II
Hey everyone,

I have a an outboard motor hanging off a bracket on the back of my boat. I would like to get the weight off of there and get it out of the water.

I know of mounts that go on the stern rails, I would imagine some people store them on dingys, what are some of your solutions?

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Hey everyone,

I have a an outboard motor hanging off a bracket on the back of my boat. I would like to get the weight off of there and get it out of the water.

I know of mounts that go on the stern rails, I would imagine some people store them on dingys, what are some of your solutions?

hey there Steve, I guess the 1st question is how big & aprox how many lbs for your outboard?...are you using one of the
teek square brackets that clamp onto a junction in the stainless steel pulputs ?...

Steve Wall

Member II
IMG_20130827_142532.jpgMy motor is just off the back and actually touching the water.

IMG_20130822_114300.jpg

Not sure the pics will show up. Outboard mount penetrates the transom to secure to below the binacle. Not a bad mount I guess but the prop sits in the water even when fully raised as this is a fixed height mount. Adding a mount that swings down would not work with the existing mount because it would push too far out to reach the tiller and controls. Possibly, removal of the mount and subsequent fiberglass repair, would allow the change.

So removing while underway seems a solution for me but what do I do with it removed? What have you done?

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
. A Rhodes 22 at the club has a mount that moves vertically instead of on swing arms, it keeps the motor close to the transom and the tackle on it makes lifting the motor child's play. I will try to take a picture of it this weekend and post it the first of the week.