• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

I'm confused

pgadd

Member I
I've been browsing Yachtworld.com, looking at E35-2s of 1979 =/- vintage. I know of one for sure (I've actually been on board with a broker) that has a keel-stepped mast, and I've seen another one that has a mast showing in the interior pix, but most of the boats have compression posts!

Does anybody know if a keel-stepped mast was an option on these boats?

pgadd

Member I
Thanks for the reply! I've been on 2 1979 35-2s, and both were keel-stepped. But I've read that you need to look at the compression post carefully if you are considering a purchase. That, and the chainplate leakage, seem to be the biggest concerns.

Do you have the padded vinyl liner that covers the top? Is it easily replaceable? Any supplier known? I am considering buying a particular boat, and the liner is kinda tacky.

Tom Plummer

Member III
Yes, I have a vinyl headliner. I would not call it padded but it stands about 0.5” proud of the overhead, which gives it a padded feel and appearance. I have had it down twice to recaulk the hand/grab rails which on my boat through bolt into each other. Getting it down was no real problem just be careful not to crack the battens or to tear the material when you remove the staples. Restapling it along the edges is a bit tedious but doable.

There has been a thread going about the material and sources of monel staples on the Ericson list at sailnet which you may want to checkout.