Important : My 2007 Rendez Plans

wurzner

Member III
I'm starting a new thread since there has been limited response to my ealier posting. I am going to be reserving INDIVIDUAL moorage for myfelt downtown Victoria for June 29th, 30th, and July 1st. Since it has been difficult to ascertain who is willing to commit at this point, I'm taking a cautios approach since many folks have a hard time commiting that far out. At this time, it is hard to say how many people will plan on attending, so I don't think it is far to have any individual make a deposit speaking for myself.

The purpose of this email is to let you know how I will be planning for the event and hopefully others will follow suit. The contact info for the marina is as follows. I will check just before calling to make sure nothing has changed, but this seems like the safest bet.

Happy New Year!

Shaun
S/V Sorcerer
Everett, WA
86 38-200 #207

Victoria Harbour
Reservations and Special Events Liaison
Sarah Kirsch
Moorage: 250.383.8326 ext 43
Moorage facsimile: 250.383.8306
Moorage toll-free: 1.877.783.8300 (North America)
http://www.victoriaharbour.org/marinas.php

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
I'll call them as well

We'll be there with the E-39. Let me know what I can do to help. I can do graphics and t-shirts if you want.

John Gleadle
Shamwari

Spirit Moon

Member II
I'm booking as well

Shaun, your approach is probably the easiest and least risky for everyone. I'll be calling this morning to book my space. I noticed that the Cadillac Van Isle race is coming through on the 27&28th. I would guess they will be off early on the 28 for the final leg to Nanaimo so it shouldn't present a problem for us. I work in down town Victoria so if there is anything I can do to help organize this event let me know. I've had my E38 since last March and could not make last year's event so I'm not sure what is required beyond moorage. If there is any update information from Sarah when I call her I'll update this post.

Frank Potter
S/V Spirit Moon

Spirit Moon

Member II
Victoria Harbour Moorage Update

I just spoke with Sarah at the harour authority. It's not looking good. They are not taking reservations for the weekend of June 28-July1. The tall ships event is taking place that same time and with Canada Day they just don't know what they can accomodate on anything but a first come first serve basis. She did say they may be able to accomodate some boats in the Wharf Street marina (just down the street from the inner harbour) with rafting.

Plan B?

Frank Potter
SV Spirit Moon
E38

wurzner

Member III
Why not make the rendez vous the 2nd and 3rd? I'm pretty sure most folks will have to take the week off anyway, so does this make sense. Since I'm coming up from Everett, it is a two day treak so that would work for most boats coming up from the south.

Comments or Plan B? I know everyone is pretty emphatic about doing it in Canada, so I will let others pipe in. Sidney could be an option again or Poet's Cove, but that changes the lodging optionis and travel logistics for the non boaters.

Looks like we need to figure this one out fast. The Port of Victoria didn't voice any concerns when I spoke with them in the late summer...good thing you rung Sarah!

Shaun standing by