1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
'89 C&C 30, $49K:

'86 E30+, $45K:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The C&C sounds well equipped, but I would need to see a passing grade regarding moisture in the hull. I believe that those were cored.
Interesting boats, both. The Ericson 30+ was owned by an EY.org member, I do believe. It should also be well taken care of.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
The c&c 30 was the boat I thought I wanted for a long time. I sailed on a few earlier models and loved them. The c&c tended to list for 40-50k when I was looking a few years ago. When I was able to see one in person I was really impressed with the construction. It's more in line with the Ericson 32, 35, and 38 in terms of quality, but focused more on the modern performance than high end wood work. It had the most confortable cockpit I've ever sat in. Everywhere you sat seemed to just fit and have what you needed within reach. The downside was the cabin layout looked great on paper, but it just didn't work in person. Everything was shrunk down to make it all fit which made it all too small and cramped. If I was looking for a great sailing boat, I would go for the c&c, but if I was taking a family weekend cruising, I'd go with the Ericson. The price on the Ericson does seem really high when compared to other Ericson 30+s, but they're worth what people pay for them.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The Ericson looks pristine in the pix. And the price converts to only US$ 28950. :)
Someone from south of the border should snap it up. Not like I have an opinion, of course.
(OTOH, I did buy our previous sailboat in BC and import it to the US.) :D

The Ericson looks pristine in the pix. And the price converts to only US$ 28950. :)
Someone from south of the border should snap it up. Not like I have an opinion, of course.
(OTOH, I did buy our previous sailboat in BC and import it to the US.) :D
We imported our new boat from US… i don’t like to talk about it. The process wasn’t a bad, but I would far rather have the reversed exchange rate

Rosco

Exploring the BC Coast E35-2, Yanmar 3GM30
The E30 has been reduced and is definitely negotiable. She’s been a great boat for us and is fully outfitted. We have moved up to a Nordic 40. Still love our E30, but we are planning to cruise further and longer.

Great price to me. So nicely upgraded. I see a Victron Battery Monitor! B&G Nav gear and a slip!

If you have some time, I'd love to hear what you think of the Nordic 40. I've heard really good reviews of the boat and you can't go wrong with a Perry design.
It’s still pretty new to us, but so far we love everything about her. Great sailing in light winds yet incredible stable. What are you wanting to know?

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
It’s still pretty new to us, but so far we love everything about her. Great sailing in light winds yet incredible stable. What are you wanting to know?
nothing in particular. Sailboat reviews are tough to judge because you don't really know much about the person reviewing the boat, but having an Ericson owner stepping up to a Nordic would be an interesting point of view. I'm curious about how the cockpit and cabin layouts work for you, what the build quality is like (how it compares to the Ericson) and how the boat sails.

nothing in particular. Sailboat reviews are tough to judge because you don't really know much about the person reviewing the boat, but having an Ericson owner stepping up to a Nordic would be an interesting point of view. I'm curious about how the cockpit and cabin layouts work for you, what the build quality is like (how it compares to the Ericson) and how the boat sails.
I totally agree on the reviews. It’s really hard when you have a boat that sails well and is good in light winds to go to something heavier. We love sailing so the biggest thing for us was finding something bigger that sails well and has more space for longer trips. The cockpit is surprising. It doesn’t seem that big, but when you have a group of people and are sailing there are multiple comfortable spots and the sight lines are awesome. The cabin layout of the 40 is perfect for us. The vberth is comfy and the aft cabin is a decent size for another couple or to use for storage on longer trips… not that you need a lot more storage space. We are finding spots everywhere. The build quality is where it shines. Nordics have an insulated hull which really makes it quiet inside. Even with two couples onboard you don’t hear each other, which I didn’t expect. The galley is a good size and seating is good n the main salon. We will change to a flip up table but even with what we have it’s easy to move around and no mast in the middle of the table. Sailing so far seems good, she picks up in light winds and points up well. We haven’t had much time sailing yet but will be getting out soon and I can report back. Honestly I think we’ve found our dream boat. It’s not too big, but has everything. I keep finding myself thanking Bob for the design.

another former Ericson owner has a Nordic 40 in Hawaii, so it seems to be a good transition.