Info on a 35-3

buchhla

Hey all, I am hoping to make it out and looks at a 35-5 this weekend, and am looking to see where the usual problem areas are that I should give a close look. From checking the forums, looks like there is some leaking issues around the dorades into the cabin people have complained about. What else?

Anyone have comments on how easy one of these is to single hand in the usual/close to factory setup?

How is the deck/hull joint setup on this boat, is it in inward flange with some goo and then through bolted? if so, anyone know the spacings? Whatever boat I end up getting I would like to do some off-shore stuff with it, so if people have done similar retrofits, that would be helpful as well.

Any of you northwesteners been on the boat for sail up in seqium called 'Mariah'? and know if it's condition?

Thanks much for any help!

Lauren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
35-3 Issues?

The 35-3 is an excellent boat - very easy for one person to handle, but also large enough for a couple to spend several weeks on.

Do a search on 35-3 on this board (small 'search' button above). I would say the worst issue is the leaking dorade box on the decktop. This was a poor design, incorporating plywood in the bottom of the box, etc.

If it's leaking, watch for discoloration on the insides of the coach roof - both inside the head and across from it (just aft of the starboard bulkhead going into the forward cabin).

There are a couple of other issues that are common to these boats - but again, do a search - you'll see the threads. Also - take photos when you go to see the boat - and post some of them here - so we can see them and comment.

//sse