Is this regional forum still alive?

"Betty"

It looks like there is very little activity. I know there are plenty of Ericsons in Northern California.

N.A.

E34 / SF Bay
Hello Betty-

Welcome to the Ericson forum!

From the lack of replies, I presume this regional forum is pretty much... let's say 'hibernating.' However, as you say there are a ton of Ericson's in the NorCal area, especially on SF Bay (I am one of them). I actually think the sheer number of Ericsons, and other boats, in the area may be one reason the regional forum isn't that active -- people run into other sailors, and other Ericsons, pretty easily. For instance, I often find when posting here that some of the the repondents are very local, and have met a couple.

Anyway, I have nothing more to add, other than that I have found the Ericson forum in genral to be very helpful and friendly, and certainly run into locals here -- just not on this regional forum section.

Grew up around the bay area and have sailed on multiple Ericsons around there, so many Ericsons on the west coast! Have since relocated to western washington though. It seems the NorCal locale is, functionally, probably just representing between the Bay area and monterey?
NorCal May just happen to be a small portion of the coast, population wise, compared to SoCal and PNW

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
NorCal May just happen to be a small portion of the coast, population wise, compared to SoCal and PNW
Oh no. There are I think 13 million people in the Bay Area and a lots of Ericson sailboats in various states of aging like their owners. I think N.A. hit the nail on the head. I have met several owners here who are also on this forum. I have to add that traffic patterns seem to add to the separation of yacht clubs and marinas from each other.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My take is that the regional forums are most useful for local announcements. Things like new regs, or events, or dredging and such. Anything that might be possible to drive to--a swap meet, a lecture, a boat show, a local service provider, a fellow Ericson owner.

For everything else, members seem to prefer the broader categories, Maintenance and Mechanical being the most popular.

But it really doesn't matter, since all new messages appear at Home Page/Recent Forum Posts.

And for threads a member is already following, or has contributed to, new posts are announced by a red number on the Bell icon at top banner.

Kenneth

My take is that the regional forums are most useful for local announcements. Things like new regs, or events, or dredging and such. Anything that might be possible to drive to--a swap meet, a lecture, a boat show, a local service provider, a fellow Ericson owner.

For everything else, members seem to prefer the broader categories, Maintenance and Mechanical being the most popular.

But it really doesn't matter, since all new messages appear at Home Page/Recent Forum Posts.

And for threads a member is already following, or has contributed to, new posts are announced by a red number on the Bell icon at top banner.
Hello Christian,
I joined this forum at the suggestion of Jeff Cathers at Modern Sailing in San Francisco. Jeff is a fellow Ericson 35-2 owner and mentioned your name when referring to this forum. Having watched your youtube videos , over and over again, I had to look into this forum. Thank you for the beautiful videos you created on sailing. I still enjoy watching them.

Kind regards,
Ken Runyon
E35-2