June Rendezvous

Emerald

This is the new thread dedicated to a Rendezvous this summer.

A June raft-up on the Rhode River has been suggested, and initial discussion looks good for any dates except the weekend of the 9th. That would leave the following dates open:

2nd-3rd
16th-17th
23rd-24th
30th-1st July

Any preferences?

When we set a final date and location, I will submit it to the Club Notes section of SpinSheet.

Jaytanz

Member I
Voting for 23-24 June

With all the summer plans quickly building, I think the 23rd and 24th would work best for us. I expect it to be my wife and I, and our 9 year old twin sons. Anyone else planning to bring children?

Jaytanz

Member I
That is welcomed news

We have a 17 year old daughter as well. She is graduating HS in early June. We will bring her along if she is not away or otherwise engaged.

steven

Sustaining Member
another vote for 23-24 June

Looks good. Also endorsing Rhode River. Hope it is convenient to others.

--Steve

Emerald

I have just received the note from Spinsheet for club submissions due by this Thursday, May 10th. Unless I hear back otherwise, I will submit a note under the CEOA for an Ericson gathering on the Rhode River on the 23rd, and to check back to this site for details.

Jaytanz

Member I
Ok, the weather doesn't look too bad, though we might be swimming to keep cool. Are everyone's plans still intact? We are planning to leave from the Magothy Marina sometime late Saturday morning. Anybody else headed down from the north?

Jaytanz

Member I
Dog walking

Will there be accessible land near the anchorage to walk the dog? I hope to be able to row ashore rather than deal with some kind of onboard setup.

Jaytanz

Member I
Plans, what plans?

Nothing went as planned. From the time we got up Saturday morning until we got home last night, other than the fact that we had a great weekend.

Ran late and didn't get to the boat or out of the slip close to on time, the dog tried to jump on the boat while his leash was hooked to the dock (I did go in and rescue him with no injury to him and only minor scratches/scrapes to me), very light wind during our times of travel, we bumped a shoal in the Rhode (Note: do not try to go marker to marker, give space), then we couldn't find the Ericson group. So, we anchored near the little island at Sheephead Cove and brought the dog and boys ashore for an early morning swim on Sunday. I am a little disappointed to not have seen any other owners, wait we did see an Ericson as we sailled back into the bay yesterday morning. We got close enough to talk to the owner of "Starlight V", he doesn't belong to any groups and did not meet up with anyone over the weekend. All-in-all, we did have a great time, and have lasting memories of the weekend. Thank you for introducing me to a cool little spot, I hope to be back.

Emerald

I think something didn't align in the cosmos, as my ability/intent to make it went out the window also. However, I have not given up hope on meeting up with some other Ericsons on the water this summer. Let's keep the idea afloat, and maybe we can have another go at this.

steven

Sustaining Member
we were also ambushed by events

we expect to be on the water most weekends - Saturdays or Sundays (although maybe not this weekend - forecast triple digit temp does not look pleasant)

Perhaps we can get lucky and spot another Ericson or two.

--Steve