• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Just purchased a 1986 35-3 from the original owner in CT

Ed Orlando

Member I
Thanks, Jeff. That definitely helps me. That is interesting. I just thought it was like cars and different models that are essentially the same. Small tweaks to create customer interest. Now, I want to figure out what PHRF ratings are and how different boat characteristics affect those ratings. I am not a racer, but appreciate the attraction for sure!

On the height question, I am 6'4" (or used to be) and would like to stand in some places in my future boat. I asked because I was hoping that a E-35-X might have the headroom or close to and save me the bigger cost of an E-38, which from what I can gather has about 6'-3"/6'-4" headroom.

Ed

Chschaus

"Voila"
Thanks, Chschaus.

Ed
I'm not too bright Ed, didn't realize Jeff already posted those links. We had a 35-2 and upgraded to the 3 in 85-86. I'm 5'10" and have no issues with headroom.
PHRF is performance handicap racing formula. It's a equalizing equation so multiple makes and sizes of boats can compete equally together instead of class racing where you only race against the same size and model boats. I'll be at the boat after work tomorrow and can give you an accurate headroom measurements.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Thanks, Jeff. That definitely helps me. That is interesting. I just thought it was like cars and different models that are essentially the same. Small tweaks to create customer interest. Now, I want to figure out what PHRF ratings are and how different boat characteristics affect those ratings. I am not a racer, but appreciate the attraction for sure!

On the height question, I am 6'4" (or used to be) and would like to stand in some places in my future boat. I asked because I was hoping that a E-35-X might have the headroom or close to and save me the bigger cost of an E-38, which from what I can gather has about 6'-3"/6'-4" headroom.

Ed
There are some good threads on this site regarding headroom. Some even have pictures. I couldn't find them again though. This is a fantastic site but it can be a little hard finding things. I think the administrators recommend searching by way of google and including the name of the site in the search.

Mr. Scarlett

Member III
Hello E-35 Owners,

Can someone help me distinguish an E35-3 from an E35-2, from an E35-3RH and from an E-35 MKIII? Do you know the standing headroom in any of the E-35s?

Ed
Re: Standing headroom 35-2
I'm exactly six feet tall and if I'm wearing boots will rub/bump my head on the battens holding the headliner up in the saloon. These battens could and will be thinner when I get around to replacing the vinyl faced mdf beadboard installed by a previous owner.