just wrapped her up...:-(

marcusn

Member II
I just spent the day building a PVC frame and wraping her up with a couple of tarps. She's now put to bed;-(

I bought her (my 1975 e27) in early September, and have yet to sail her. Let me tell you, it feels like I have to wait half a life time until it's May and I get her good and wet. While she's sleeping this winter, I'll continue to educate myself on electronics (my great unknown realm) and seamanship (never had anything over 19' before). I'll also be re-upholsering her foam and back rests. And, with luck, finding something under the Christmas tree to keep me salivating until Spring '08.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Lake Michigan, or Winrhop Harbor, or on your own beloved Ericsons this coming spring!

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Things to do.

Marcus- Yes, it will be a long winter. The wait will be worth the reward. Lots of things to look forward too. Christmas, Strictly Sail, Time to read up on sailing, Time to ask all the questions you have, Time to dream, Lots of time to watch sailing videos on Youtube. This is what gets me thru the winter. I usually do my dreaming down on the boat. I go down and turn on the heat and tunes and take a nap. It sounds like you have a nice project ahead of you. It will be very rewarding to you to see those new cushions down below.
Not that I would not enjoy sailing year around, I do love the anticipation of spring. Its very rewarding to bring your boat back to life. Good chicken soup for the soul.
I perform one or two projects a winter that I know will be a nice addition next year. This is what gets me thru it all. Rob Hessenius

P.S. Remember there are no stupid questions

Lucky Dog

Member III
Same here

We also purchased our first big boat, which is an Ericson (35-II). Didn't get it in the water this summer as well. Stripped out most of the wiring, with plans to re wire in the spring. Spent last Saturday building a PVC frame and covering for the long winter of the upper Midwest. Down loaded two "sea stories" last night and already marked our calendar for strictly sail. We still have a Hobie Cat to sail up to the water get to hard. I figure sailors in the north have better libraries to keep them warm during the winter.