Lens insert for running light--e25

mgray003

Member II
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement green (starboard side) lens insert for my front running light? Wonder if someone has a part number from West Marine? Mine is at the bottom of the lake....about 30' directly below my boat. Don't ask.
Thanks,
Mike

tenders

Innocent Bystander
I don't have a part number but the odds are that you're going to be in for a new set of running lights.

Glyn Judson

Replacement lens.

Mike, Why not take the stainless cover with you on your next trip to West Marine and do a test fit? That said, I'm not sure they even make those lenses available without buying the entire assembly so you might indeed need to replace the fixture as well. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

sleather

Sustaining Member
Oops

Mike, Now you've got a problem, I've replaced the lenses on my E23('79) and I know that they are Perko units, there should be a number on the port side(red) lens. I have a 2006 W.M. catalog and they DON'T list replacement lenses anymore!!!!!:boohoo:

You could "google " Perko and see what happens. The Perko #
is 063DPOCHR (check that against your remaining one)---Replacement $84.49 /set W.M. 257139(2006)

Find a peice of "green" plastic to tape over the opening till then, check w/ folks in the club.

Find somebody in the "yacht club" that snorkels.The water's still warm!!

Good Luck---- whenever working "ON" the boat "Duct tape" a peice of cardboard around your work area!!!!!!

Glynn, I checked out W.M.'s website , they don't list a store in ARK.

Last edited:

Guy Stevens

Call Perko

Perko will not let you buy directly off of them. However if you get on the web site.

www.perko.com

and tell them what you need, they will send you to a local distributor who will fill your order for you.

OH and they have parts gong back to the dark ages, I would be surprised if they didn't have what you needed.

Guy
:)

mgray003

Member II
Thanks all. No, I don't have a part store nearby. I did get a reply from Rob, who works at W.M. He also has an e25 and replaced his inserts a few years ago. Thinks he has the part number at home, and will let me know. He believes I can get the part from W.M....but it's not in a current catalog or on a shelf. I'm hoping. 85 bucks??? OUCH!!!
I will use the cardboard suggestion.
Thanks,
Mike

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Lenses

Mike- The West # is 430504. There is a quanity of 14 in the DC's. This is for the old style Perko lights, same as mine. $13.29 is alot less than $85. Rob Hessenius

mgray003

Member II
Thanks to all. Thanks Rob! It's ordered....along with $200 bucks of other stuff I can't live without. What a lifesaver this website is....and all of its members.
Mike

sleather

Sustaining Member
Your absolutely right Mike, and to think I've owned an Ericson for 22 years and only stumbeled(GOOGLE) upon this site 2 months ago!!! Ignorance is not Bliss, this is problem solving raised to an art form.

mgray003

Member II
Steve,
I'm sure it's been helpful to you, but with your 22+ yrs of experience, it's members like you that make this site very beneficial to me. Also, I'm lucky to have joined this fabulous sailing club at my lake. The members there are very ready to help a newby like me. The 1st weekend we had the sails on our boat, on Saturday one fellow asked if he could take us on our first sail. I said YES! The next day another offered to go along with us. Again, I said YES. Both offered advice and gave instructions. Very helpful. Last weekend one fellow didn't like the angle of my antennae. I told him I did not yet have a radio. He said, "Doesn't look good", ran to his boat and returned with a harness, attached it to my halyard, and up he went. That drew a small crowd of beer-fisted watchers. I was so appreciative, that I would not allow them to cleat the halyard half way into his decent. They wanted to watch him dangle.

mgray003

Member II
BTW.....the sailing club I've bragged about is Beaver Lake Sailing Club
www.beaverlakesailclub.com

And another "by the way".........the wife and I served as crew on another boat (34' C&C...very nice) this past weekend, in our club's biggest fall event....the Annual NEBCO Regatta, which included racing, dinner, and dancing! The event was well attended...only about 30 boats raced, but the attraction drew about 250 members and guests to the day long festivities. It was a blast! I think the music finally stopped about 6:00 am. I can't think of a better place to be land-locked. I'm sure there ARE better places to try to sleep though.

Enough ramblings from me.