• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for hull diagrams for ericson 32-2?

ThatJeffGuy

Member II
I was thinking of building a wood ship model, something to do when I am not doing maintenance on the real boat (all three hours a year), wondering if anyone has the hull plans, so I can properly layout a ship model that looks like my 32' yellow beast?

kapnkd

kapnkd
A long time friend of my son has already created a correct and beautiful half hull resin model in 1/48 scale. We’ve got one that I’m slowly creating my own cabin top, mast and speeders, sails and more detailed additions for.
IMG_3088.jpegIMG_3106.jpeg

…Although unfortunately far from finished due to multiple other boat and classic old car projects plus now babysitting our very first grandchild, this is what I hope/expect it will look like when finished!
IMG_3149.jpeg
Given we will shortly celebrate my 50 years of original ownership since new this year, I hope to have it it finished and perhaps on display at our boat club as well for a short period of time.

(I will contact my son for information on who to contact for other E32-2’s if interested in his half hull models and post the info!!!)

kapnkd

kapnkd
Oh that is amazing!
Thanks! He did an incredibly fantastic job on the half hull!! I personally scaled the cabin trunk and built it from a piece of pine wood. It’s been a slow process as it had to be set aside while caring for my wife’s WWII father full time for the past 5 years plus taking on critically needed final refit of our E-32, a 67 Corvette I’ve also owned for 51 years finally in much need of mechanical attention.
IMG_7733.jpeg

(Moral of the story too many projects/responsibilities …and at 79, it takes more time to complete them all!!!)

kapnkd

kapnkd
I was thinking of building a wood ship model, something to do when I am not doing maintenance on the real boat (all three hours a year), wondering if anyone has the hull plans, so I can properly layout a ship model that looks like my 32' yellow beast?
…Heard back from my son already!!

The creator of the half hull sadly, but understandably, won’t sell his half hull lines.

However, for those interested in his half hulls, here’s his contact information: