Marinize a PC motherboard

Mikebat

Member III
I have a Mac Mini which I would like to use to run MacENC on board. I would like to know if there is a treatment you can buy to spray on the motherboard and components to keep moisture away. Any ideas?

Guy Stevens

Liberally with Corrosion Block TM

I would spray it very liberally with Corrosion Block (Tm). This is about the only one of the many products that actually works. I once saw a color TV completely immersed in it while showing the TV stations, and the remote worked through the plastic case it was in. It was quite amazing.

Guy
:)

hcpookie

Member III
Spend some time looking around at those PC overclocking websites. Overclocking is the process of changing the power attributes on a PC chipset to raise the internal clock speeds beyond what is published. The effect is a faster system. The byproduct is more heat.

There is a cooling method for people who overclock that uses peltier heat sinks and even water-based radiator cooling systems. Those inherently build up moisture, and a properly build overclocked system will have protective coatings in place where there are some moisture threats.

I say that to say that you should find out what they use, and spray it over your system. I would avoid spraying on heat radiators and possibly on unused connectors, where they could block current. You could use a silicone paste for that, just like that used on a spark plug boot.

HTH,
- Jerry