masthead deck light

jimk

Member II
Looking to replace our combination masthead/deck light, it broke last weekend. I found this larger light and I'm curios if anyone has installed one like this. Seems like it would definitely do the job, however it appears to be a bit large. I was planning to install it at spreader height on a E38-200

jim

Attachments

• masthead light.JPG
    masthead light.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 227

Matey

Member III
Deck Light change

Jim,

I changed mine out and moved it down toward my lower spreaders. It lights the deck up fine and it's profile has not been an issue with headsails or spinnaker. Mine is a smaller version, but so is my vessel :nerd:

Regards, Greg

DSC00984.jpg

u079721

Contributing Partner
I think I may have used that very light when I replaced all the running lights on our E38. I upgraded to the series 40 lights that are required for boats over 40 feet. Much brighter underway, and gave me much more confidence that perhaps I would be seen by passing freighters.

AleksT

Member III
I have installed that type of light on several boats. The side flaps bend to allow it to fit almost any shape mast extrusion. Do read the directions on how to wire it up. It is not complicated but the directions are very helpful.

gregdettmer

Member I
Just installed on on my e38

HI

I just installed one on me e38 along with a matching tricolor / anchor light on the top of the mast. Very happy with them.

I do recommend checking the wiring inside the steaming light, new out of the box I found one wire not connected inside the housing, it did not even have the correct end terminal on it. An easy fix while still on the ground.

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg
Regards
Greg
S/V Spirit Soul
1981 e38

jimk

Member II
Thanks this is all very heplful, i will double check the wiring this weekend before climbing the mast for the install.:0
Jim