Medical emergency forces me to sell - good price?

hcpookie

Member III
All,

Unfortunately my family has a medical emergency with an immediate need. My wife's mother who lives in the Philippenes is having some grave medical issues. She has had a double kidney failure and its only a matter of time.

I therefore need to sell my 1975 E27 ASAP so my wife can travel to see her. I basically need to sell the boat to get enough money for a plane ticket and expenses.

I haven't really kept track of prices as I've had no need to, so I'd like to know what is a fair and reasonable price?

Here's the scoop - I bought it in 2005 from Emerald (aka David) and she comes with:

Inboard Atomic-4
5 sails
- main sail
- storm sail
- standard 100 genoa
- 140 genoa
- spinnaker
Spinnaker pole
Bronze 3-blade prop (Indigo?)

I have made the following improvements:

Electronic ignition module
Holding tank install
Fixed numerous gauge and light wiring issues
Bedded and refinished handrails
Installed Delco alternator
Refinished much of the interior
Installed inline fresh water filter and refreshed faucet gaskets
Rebuilt the stove
Caulked the windows
New anchor rope and chain
New sheet lines
Added stern ladder
New radio installed
Refurbished numerous items and other small repairs
Rebuilt carb

I've got a new choke cable but haven't installed it yet.

I didn't even have her out at all last year due to work obligations. The only thing she needs right now is a bottom cleaning and a new battery since my charger died.

That's everything I can think of right now off the top of my head. I'll post more if I can remember anything else. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
E-27 Value

I don't think you will get a good answer on that one, other than to look at the Ericson listings for boats in your area that compare to yours. See the links at the top of this forum. If the listing has been on there for a while, then the price is too high. I just bought my E27 here in California for half of the Surveyed value. Unfortunately for you, it is a buyer's market.

I wish your family well.

Todd

E-27
Hull 1000