Guest viewing is limited

Midship berth/table

chtaylor

Member II
The table in my 1977 E-32 converts to a double berth by removing the pedestal tube. The only problem is that the table top slides out when my wife and daughter sleep on it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what was done to fix it?

Thanks,
Charles

erobitaille

Member II
Mid Berth/Table

Charles,

Buy some 1/2" high densitity foam tape. tape it to the undeside of the table, you won't see it if you keep it about 3" from the end. It stop the sliding.

jkm

Member III
Charles

I think the real problem is that when they sleep the cushion splits which in turn causes the table to shift.

What I found was that if I used a couple of web straps that couple the seat and table cushion together that the problem goes away.

We also throw an open sleeping bag down as a pad, then sheet and comforter.

I have also put a few strips of velcro on the berth supports/underside of the table to keep it snug

Works for us

John

WBurgner

Member III
Shorter Table Pedestal

If I understand you correctly the table is just resting on the fiddles mounted on the settee for that purpose, and you have removed the tube that would normally support the table in the raised position.

Try cutting a length of tubing like that used to support the raised table, only shorter. This supports the table center in the lowered position and gives you the added benefit of keeping it from sliding.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Not elegant, but it worked for us on our old boat...

1) put a couple of screws on top of the fiddles, leaving the screw heads sticking out about 1/4 inch.

2) figure out where the table lies on top of the screw holes

3) Drill small holes the size of the screw heads in the bottom of the table (but not through it!) where the screws go.

4) Now, when the table is down, the screw heads should be inside of the table, preventing it from sliding off the fiddles.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
My 32 has two hooks around the fore-and-aft portion of the settee and two eyes screwed into the bottom of the tabletop. Remove tube, lower table, place hooks into eyes, and viola -- no movement.

chtaylor

Member II
Thank you!

Thanks for all of the ideas. I haven't yet decided which to try, but it will be one of these; or perhaps a combination.

Charles