• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Migration Warning: Starting Tues/Wed, Jan 14-15

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Just a note to let you all know that the site will be migrating to the new Xenforo platform this week - on either Tuesday or Wednesday, Jan 14th or Jan 15th. Please see the Migration Status page mentioned below for the very latest update on this .

I am planning to close the site to users roughly 12-18 hours prior to the start date above to run backups and make preparations.

I'm hoping that if everything proceeds within reasonable time frame, the site should be fully migrated before Thursday - however I will need sometime to configure additional pages and settings - so it's likely that the site may not be back up until Saturday AM on 01/17 at the earliest - Sunday PM at the latest.

I have secured the assistance of a developer who has done a bunch of these migrations, and the new platform we're going to - Xenforo - has grown much since I did the initial test migration back in Jan 2017 - and has a lot more features, etc.

Sorry for such short notice - on Thursday I was doing some testing and was talking with these developers about the migration and thought I would not be able to get on their schedule - but it seems the (comparatively) small size of our site is actually a benefit to us - as they can fit us in mid-week.

So, off we go - aka - '...if it's going to happen, it's going to happen out there..."!

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

//sse

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Migration Status Sheet - Please Bookmark

I have placed a simple .php page out on the site which will be updated during the migration.

I have added this sheet as the migration will also involve updating some code which may make seeing the existing vBulletin site difficult (closed or not), and I needed a way to communicate with all of you during the migration to update you as to the status.

EY.o Migration Status

Please bookmark the page above so you can easily obtain information on the sites status, estimated date of return to service, etc.

Thanks,
//sse