My First Transatlantic

EKP

Member II
I thought you guys might like to hear about my experience. We sailed into Faial, in the Azores the day before yesterday on our way to England, from Portland Maine. Althought I regret to say it wasn't in an Ericson, it was a Swan 57, so almost as good :egrin: I did finally get a new engine installed in my E-29 a few days before leaving! Found a new-rebuild A4, she runs great. The transit took 12 days. We are 5 crew including the captain. We ran into about every kind of weather you'd expect to find. Mostly the wind didn't go below 15knots, although we had two days out in the middle where there was absolutely no wind, most of the time it was between 18-20 knots. We saw whales, caught Mahi Mahi, passed nearby the Titanic, surfed down big swells, and I had the time of my life. I kept a daily journal which I plan to post on my website, hopefully while we're here waiting out the hurricane. It's in dire need of some updates. Hope everyone is doing well,

Ethan.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Ethan,

How cool is that?

My buddy (and fellow captain) did a crosssing on a Swan out of,Newport a couple of years ago and got paid for it as crew. I told him next time call me!
Rick